Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Roadster Renovations....poof!

Did Doc decide to pull his "stuff" from the site? I found his site online, and placed an order, so no big deal there...just curious why he's no longer on the "Home" page
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Things here are changing. Some SL's like the changes and some don't. Time will tell.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

may be a cost issue as in some cases Lamonster garage distributes the product or a similar one. I saw JT Machine shop also left but you can reach him directly. Don't know th e issue with TricLed but they are also gone. You gotta justify the cost....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    may be a cost issue as in some cases Lamonster garage distributes the product or a similar one. I saw JT Machine shop also left but you can reach him directly. Don't know th e issue with TricLed but they are also gone. You gotta justify the cost....
    That's probably it. The expense; some can justify it, some can't.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As long as huis products are still available... that's what really matter!
    The same thing for all of the other vendors who have left as well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

So many have left lately I started keeping my own vendor list because you never know who is going next. I started the list when one of my faves Value Accessories left. I hope Doc is still in business he is close by and I need to visit him in the spring for an oil change.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

After the passing of his wife and all the medical costs, he also had an issue with the springs on his belt tentioners and had to replace them. It gets difficult to keep things going as they were before.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    So many have left lately I started keeping my own vendor list because you never know who is going next. I started the list when one of my faves Value Accessories left. I hope Doc is still in business he is close by and I need to visit him in the spring for an oil change.
    Would you mind sharing that list? I am sure that there are many of us that would love to have it! Thanks.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Earlier this year an agency I purchased advertised from changed hands. One of the first changes the new owners made was to raise advertising prices by 20% across the board. I reducing my advertising by 50%, and so have a half dozen other local advertisers who use that same agency. Some things just end up having to change for one reason or another.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Did Doc decide to pull his "stuff" from the site? I found his site online, and placed an order, so no big deal there...just curious why he's no longer on the "Home" page
    He's actually been off the home page for quite some time. As others have said I think it was a revenue vs cost issue. Many years ago I owned a print shop. I had a quasi partnership with a guy who published a magazine for Central Idaho. Advertising was, of course, his primary revenue source. I characterized the advertising business this way. "The inability of the advertiser to measure the effectiveness of his advertising is the salvation of the advertising industry!" Not quite the same today with all the online advertising statistics tools available, but still....

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

His wife and business partner died this summer after an extended hospitalization. He may be struggling to cope with paperwork overload after this very significant loss.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't see any advertisers or vendors on the home page.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If they dont pay their invoice, Lamont pulls their advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Things here are changing. Some SL's like the changes and some don't. Time will tell.
    An opinion that is nonsense.

--------------------------------------------------------

Actual Facts:
    No pricing increases
    More ad spots available
    Some rotating spots removed & changed to static.
    New ad program with stats for advertisers
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 12-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Thanks, had to shut off ad blocker.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Just whitelist SL in your ad blocking program.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Would you mind sharing that list? I am sure that there are many of us that would love to have it! Thanks.
    Pierre
    http://www.canamspyderaccessories.com/

Value Accessories
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/Can-AmSpyder.aspx

https://www.*******usa.com/

MBL Innovations - F3 rack
    https://mblinnovations.com/

Baker Air Wings
    http://www.bakerbuiltairwings.com/

Roadster Renovations - Doc
    https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/

Motorcycle Dave - SENA
    http://www.motorcycledave.com/

JT's Spyderstore
    http://spyderstore.com/

Wrap my Spyder
    https://wrapmyspyder.com/

SmoothSpyder
    https://www.smoothspyder.com/

Spyder Extras
    https://************.com/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2019 at 12:53 AM.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you al0vely

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cleared
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"An opinion that is nonsense".

As nonsensical as it may seem Anthony, it's still happening.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cleared
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    While I don't like to get in the middle of such things. I find this statement to be a bit of lack of class. Considering all the events that Doc has gone through this year, it is (IMO) a lack of class to post publicly an issue between Doc and Lamont. His invoice was not paid for whatever reason, and all that was needed to say was a generic explanation given such as he ended his advertisement. The way you state this is rude, and I sure hope Lamont did not approve this statement.
    wholeheartedly
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

2dogs posted: "Things here are changing. Some SL's like the changes and some don't. Time will tell."
    Anthony responded: "An opinion that is nonsense."

There have been enough posts from which one could logically conclude that **some** people don't like the changes. "Some" doesn't mean "all." That makes 2dogs' statement true. And even if it wasn't true -- it didn't warrant ridicule.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    2dogs posted: "Things here are changing. Some SL's like the changes and some don't. Time will tell."
    Anthony responded: "An opinion that is nonsense."

There have been enough posts from which one could logically conclude that **some** people don't like the changes. "Some" doesn't mean "all." That makes 2dogs' statement true. And even if it wasn't true -- it didn't warrant ridicule.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sometimes this place is a tough crowd.

Yes it does seem that Anthony tidied up the vendors list. Not on a basis or bias towards one dealer or vendor specifically, but rather as a group. In simple terms, he merely updated the vendors shown based on if they were currently up to date on their advertising invoice.

While we here may have known about, followed, and supported Doc / Roadster Renovations during the recent hard times, consider that possibly Anthony, the current website tech guy, may not have read about what happened. Saying that, not to make Anthony sound cold and uncaring, he was merely making adjustments based on the info presented to him.

Anthony did not single out one vendor to remove and I highly doubt he offered charity to others.

Shifting subject a bit. Many here understand that Spyderlovers was in need of a software update. The previous version was deemed obsolete and was slated to be rendered inactive. This would have in simple terms shutdown Spyderlovers website as a whole.

Anthony has stepped in to assist Lamont with this. So many of you ignorantly keep trying to kill the messenger that is keeping your beloved go to website alive. Rather than thank him for his efforts, some of you shred his actions, many of which were needed to keep the lights on. Sorting out the vendors of which are currently paid in full for advertising vs those that are not does not represent bias. Actually, the opposite, consider if you were a paying vendor, paid up in full, then found out other vendors, for whatever reason were getting free advertising, soon the intentions of advertising on SL fails.

Did Anthony make other changes to the website? Yes, some he was forced into by the new software, and others he made based on his experience working with these type of websites. We should all consider too, Lamont may be reviewing what he sees, understands the why behind the changes, and approves as needed.

Myself, at first a few changes caught me off guard, but none have been so intense to pull the rug out from under my feet.

I am sorry to see Doc and Roadster Renovations not currently listed on Spyderlovers. With hope, I would enjoy his return as a supporting vendor. Consider too, in a similar way that Anthony has helped Lamont keep Spyderlovers website going during a difficult time. Those members wanting to see Roadster Renovations repositioned onto the home page might group the funds to help the guy that has helped many of you.

Lamont, and the team at Lamonster Garage, and Anthony thank you all for keeping the entire Spyderlovers website alive.

Many of you are not on or have no interest in the Spyderlovers Facebook Group. If the changes here are that bothersome, consider that maybe the FB will be less stress for you. The format is quite different.