Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

All right Sports Fans and Thrill Seekers Everywhere! I have finally gotten time to get this show on the road, so to speak. I am sending out the IX Spark Plugs to my designated (volunteer) Test Pilots today. I would like to have 1 more test pilot if I can get one. So, if you are interested, and you can put these in right away and ride them enough to form a knowledgeable opinion, please let me know.

If you have asked to be a Test Pilot and I have not contacted you let me know. It may be you got lost in the Holiday shuffle.

There is always some skepticism surrounding 'Upgrade' items. Especially when touted by a vendor. It is understandable and I share in this as well. But getting the facts (Good / Bad or Indifferent) is always interesting to me. And I know there are some of you out there that feel the same way. I love testing products against each other. So we'll see how this goes.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    So we'll see how this goes.
    Are you making any attempt to sort out cases where the plugs are really OLD.......and putting in anything new would cause a marked improvement ??

I think that is a big flaw in most user trials.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Are you making any attempt to sort out cases where the plugs are really OLD.......and putting in anything new would cause a marked improvement ??

I think that is a big flaw in most user trials.
    You make a good point, of course. This test is not going to be highly scientific. Some will be replacing older spark plugs. Some will be changing out lightly used spark plugs. The Iridium IX plugs have identical specs as the OEM as far as heat range and physical dimensions. It is the materials and construction differences that make them (theoretically and according to NGK) better than OEM.

In other Spyder applications the Iridium IX plugs have performed better, which is the entire reason NGK developed this spark plug. And NGK has also done their own testing (though not in the 1330 ACE motor, I'm sure).

I am hoping that these plugs will give some improvement in performance as they have in other applications. But I want to be sure there are no downsides before I offer them for sale. I will be extremely surprised if they do not work well.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...