Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Okay here is the update on where I am at, I just got the last part to complete the install. the harness 710005823 was the last section of the harness, well I have a problem, there is no voltage coming out of any wires on the back end of the harness..what am I doing wrong. under the seat there are two plugs. the harness that I mentioned works with the plug on the right with is the larger male and female plugs. I went on YouTube and its the smaller plug on the left, but the Harness I have is for the larger one on the right....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MOSESS View Post
    Okay here is the update on where I am at, I just got the last part to complete the install. the harness 710005823 was the last section of the harness, well I have a problem, there is no voltage coming out of any wires on the back end of the harness..what am I doing wrong. under the seat there are two plugs. the harness that I mentioned works with the plug on the right with is the larger male and female plugs. I went on YouTube and its the smaller plug on the left, but the Harness I have is for the larger one on the right....
    How about posting pics of all the parts you have. That'll make it easier to figure out what's causing your problem. Thanks.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The 5823 harness is the Y harness. The two large connectors on it go into the same size connector, which you separate, in the bike harness under the seat. The squarish connector plugs into the module. The other end of the module plugs into the pig tail that goes to the hitch. Is that the way you're getting it put together? One of the six wires in the Y connector is battery power. You will see power at the exit of the module, of course, only when the signals are flashing or the brake is on.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Ill do some trouble shooting today, posting pics has been a pain in my rear so i have not been able to get that done. ill update later today. I installed the harness and i may have to remove all the covers again. some thing told me i should have waited to test every thing before putting the Tupperware back...

Spyder Garage

Did you check for a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box for the trailer circuit. The fuse location will be in your owners manual.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I did as much trouble shooting as I possible could do, No I did not know there was a trailer 10 amp fuse. Ill check that asap. I did have power from the lights on the RT after connecting all harnesses but nothing on the trailer. oh and the lights where blinking very fast.....