Spyder Garage

Default Pulsing throttle in reverse?

I have a new 2019 Cherokee 22RR that I'm using to transport my 2012 RT with and camp with. It has a rear ramp door but the angle is quite steep! A have reduced the angle as much as possible when loading or unloading! The Spyder has to be loaded by backing up the ramp! The toy hauler is wide enough to fit rear section first and then the front main body. --I . I'm having a problem with the throttle pulsing ( that is I'm holding in one position but the carberator or fuel injection pulses) It doesn't do it when I'm on flat ground and going in reverse! Does anybody out there have an idea what is causing this? Any thoughts ideas or suggestions? Please?

Spyder Garage

I believe it is BRP design that it will pulse. I know if i back up a steep incline mine does not like it. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    I have a new 2019 Cherokee 22RR that I'm using to transport my 2012 RT with and camp with. It has a rear ramp door but the angle is quite steep! A have reduced the angle as much as possible when loading or unloading! The Spyder has to be loaded by backing up the ramp! The toy hauler is wide enough to fit rear section first and then the front main body. --I . I'm having a problem with the throttle pulsing ( that is I'm holding in one position but the carberator or fuel injection pulses) It doesn't do it when I'm on flat ground and going in reverse! Does anybody out there have an idea what is causing this? Any thoughts ideas or suggestions? Please?
    Been there done that , so to speak.... Unless your RAMP has a high traction surface I'm pretty sure the tire is slipping slightly ….. Go to my Albums and look at the one titled " Loading & securing an RT in a small truck" ……… that ramp into my trk. is 10 ft long ...it has to go up 28 inhes, that is a Steep incline. I have been able to load it in the pouring rain with NO SLIPPAGE - because I took a 6 inch wide X 10 ft long piece of 24ga. sheet metal, which I had dimpled with a large nail …. It looks like a CHEESE grater on top , now …. and zero slippage even when wet ……. securing the rear tire as shown ( using a heavy duty Ratchet strap ) is the easiest, least damaging and quickest method of securing ANY spyder ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mine does the same thing Tomline. I think it's part of the brain telling the engine to shut down because the angle is too steep. You know, like anti roll over and ABS. Don't know of a solution but know exactly what you mean. Mine is 2011 RT manual.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that on the Spyder, the RPM is limited when the tranny is in reverse. This is to prevent backing up too fast for safety reason.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Keep in mind that on the Spyder, the RPM is limited when the tranny is in reverse. This is to prevent backing up too fast for safety reason.
    I doubt that comes into play backing up a ramp, but you are right. Reverse speed is limited to 9 mph. Ask me how I know!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

No pulsing here just pure power!!! I put rubber pads under door to elevate it a little more.
    But if the front tires sit in the lip in the ramp and floor this happened

*Smoke detector works*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue