Spyder Garage

Default Used rts SE-6 2015 At Mountain Motorsports Marietta.

I am looking at a Red 2015 RTS-SE6 at the above dealership. The salesperson said it was a trade in from a lady and her husband also trader his Spyder in.
    That makes them a two Spyder family.
    Anyone know who they might be?
    I would love to gain some insight into the history on this bike .
    I would have to buy it sight unseen which is not my favorite way to buy.
    Thanking all in advance on any insight

Ed ----Williamsburg, Va.

Spyder Garage

You can gain a lot of information straight from the dealer: mileage, recalls, aftermarket add-ons, tires - auto or Crapendas, transferable extended B.E.S.T. warranty, service history if they did the servicing. They can have a technician connect it to the B.U.D.S. system and learn about how the engine was operated. The 1330 engine is very reliable but every used vehicle sales person has a little old lady from Pasadena who drove only to the grocery store, church and hairdresser. If the dealership is not willing to give you this information I wouldn't deal with them. Have you test ridden a MY 2014RT-S or later Spyder and are certain that's the model you will be happy with? Are you going to buy sight unseen and have it shipped to you? Who is going to ship it, their reputation? Just a few thoughts. Caveat emptor!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Based on your previous posts I am still not sure if you have given any Spyder a test ride? In your initial post you mentioned buying a 2014 ST limited and now you have moved on to a 2015 RTS - and once mentioned you weren't sure of the difference between the RT and F3. You really should make the sacrifice and get a test ride in on the various models you are considering. More importantly if you are not a licensed rider take the BRP rider training course which is a good cheap way to make sure the Spyder is for you and get a feel for the RT vs F3. There have been numerous responses to your posts but you don't often reply back to those - which almost makes your posts seem disingenuous. If you buy without more insight you could be making a $10k or more mistake.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Same Mountain Motorsports company that I purchased my Ryker Rally from on Tuesday. Can't vouch for the one in Marietta, GA. But the Mountain Motorsports here in Greeneville, TN has been very good to me. I believe the owner has 8 dealerships so they must be doing OK.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have responded to every reply that infers feedback is expected . I have looked at other threads and feel my communication is appropriate.
    As far as test driving-In the three months I have been looking'I have yet to find a dealer that will even discuss that.
    I apologize to anyone that feels that I am just launching post without responding .
    I will certainly limit my post that meet the approval of all.
    If you read my posts, I think you will find that some of the responses are not relative to my questions.
    I have said nothing negative about that.
    I was not aware that my post would be investigated with all (2 or 3) coming under such scrutiny.
    My latest question was simply "is the spyder in question owned previously by a spyder forum owner"
    That evidently was not a " approved" question.
    I am 72 years old . Have bought and sold 15 motorcycles in the last 16 years. I am well aware that test drives,dealer input (good luck with that)
    sitting on--all are a much better way to make a purchase.
    I will not clutter this forum with what some feel are inappropriate questions in the future.
    Respectfully

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delsurfin View Post
    I have responded to every reply that infers feedback is expected . I have looked at other threads and feel my communication is appropriate.
    As far as test driving-In the three months I have been looking'I have yet to find a dealer that will even discuss that.
    I apologize to anyone that feels that I am just launching post without responding .
    I will certainly limit my post that meet the approval of all.
    If you read my posts, I think you will find that some of the responses are not relative to my questions.
    I have said nothing negative about that.
    I was not aware that my post would be investigated with all (2 or 3) coming under such scrutiny.
    My latest question was simply "is the spyder in question owned previously by a spyder forum owner"
    That evidently was not a " approved" question.
    I am 72 years old . Have bought and sold 15 motorcycles in the last 16 years. I am well aware that test drives,dealer input (good luck with that)
    sitting on--all are a much better way to make a purchase.
    I will not clutter this forum with what some feel are inappropriate questions in the future.
    Respectfully
    I don't think it is so much matter of 'inappropriate questions' on your part. Or anyone 'investigating' your statements. Seems more to be people simply trying to get a handle on exactly what you are looking for and how best to respond.

People here like to help, when they can. When they are not sure if they are helping they many times attempt to clarify in terms that make sense to them.

When we type something out it seems very clear to us what we mean. But this does not always translate to the reader. Sometimes patience is the best course.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Being called "disingenuous" ( dishonest or insincere) is certainly not up for misunderstanding.
    Why would someone take the time to review my previous post and critique them.

Moving on
    ED

Spyder Garage

Ed if you are still following this post I could possibly help you if you so need. I live in Covington and deal with the Conyers Mountain Motorsports so if you are really interested in that Spyder I can ask them to transfer it down to Conyers for me to check it out and ride it for you and give you an honest opinion of the Spyder. I have been riding Spyders since 2012 and now have a 2017 RTL so have many miles of riding experience ...Just let me know if that will work for you
    Kevin

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

I just received a message from mountain motor sports that the bike is sold,
    Thank you for helping I do appreciate it.
    Back to the hunt.
    ED

Spyder Garage

Last time I was in Conyers they had a gold (the orange gold )one the color I like on the floor would you like me to check for you

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Just called Conyers they are checking for what is available for you and will call me back with all the details which I will send to you and the offer still stands that I will test for you.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

They have a gold (cognac) and a black one. Very nice but a little out of my budget.
    Thanks for all your help.
    ED

Spyder Garage

How far out of your budget why I ask as you may not know is that there is around $3000 mark up from what they paid for it so I am sure they are negotiable on their price ...if not to far from what you will pay send them an offer remember that spyder they are trying to sell today will be a year older in 2019 so now is a good time to make an offer.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

If the dealership having a Cognac one is in fact the BRP Cognac color it is a 2014 RT because, to the best of my knowledge, the Cognac color has been offered in only the 2014 RT model year. Kevin could be a big intermediary help.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Bye ED
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all. I will star tuned in. Really appreciate the help.
    ED

Spyder Garage

Check it over thoroughly, ask lots of questions and DONT just take dealers word for it, get underneath it and look at it. We looked at one here in Kansas City at dealer. Dealer had a used 2014 he just took in, told me it was bought, serviced etc from them from day one original owner sold it back cause he was dying. Once dealer realized I knew my bikes and how to work on them, he then admitted it had been in a wreck. He said they rebuil almost every thing including new frame. We passed on it just knowing it had been rebuilt. My wife works for the Kansas HIghway PAtrol as a VIN inspector, when this very same RTS rolled through her shop last week. The dealer gave same story, except left out the wreck part to this guy. She said he almost cried, we found rust underneath and very poor wiring splices etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pretty sad when dealers are not truthful just to sell a motorcycle, but it's called 'puffing' and we are on our own when dealing with them.