Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2018/19 New fangled dash instructions

I was just wondering if the 2019's owners manuals had anything more about out new fangled dash and IT DOES!

SO, if you want to know how to operate the new dash - Check page 28 on the 2019 RT L manual and scroll through it all.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...352.1509504847
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 12-20-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just saw your post on that other site.

Downloaded the 2019 manual.

Thanks
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I got my 2018 manual out and went pretty much page by page comparing it to the 2019 manual. Right off, the new manual has eliminated all mention of the
    SM6 model. I haven't asked my dealer if the SM6 is no longer made, but I'd guess not. No mention of the supposedly included key barrel for a trailer (I didn't get one anyway). No longer referred to RECC. Now is just ECC. One change that got my attention is the difference in oil change quantities. What was 5 quarts on a oil/filter change is now 5.5 quarts. If changing the HCM filter too, what was 5.2 quarts is now 5.7 quarts. Not sure how this will play out on future oil changes on my 2018. I wonder if there is a different dipstick on the 2019's. There is a smattering of other minor changes, mostly just wording. I'm really glad to see the expanded LCD display information. I've been griping about that for quite a while. It would be nice if BRP would issue to all of us 2018 owners a revised 2018 manual containing these changes, or at least an addendum to be attached to original manual.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just out of curiosity I checked out the screen section Flamewinger points out. It sure looks like, contrary to reported 2018 experience, FM audio can be sent to the helmet headset.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Well I just downloaded the 2018 manual for the RT, and was reading about the features of the dash. It looks like the people that were waiting for a new screen and purchased a 2018 RT like my self just got screwed. The screen options on the 2019 screen are different than the 2018, and have more features that than the 2018, and are more helpful.
    I hope there is a flash for the 2018, so it has the same options as the 2019. I will be calling my dealership to see if there is a flash. I know from reading in the posts, that contacting BRP is a waste of time.
    JD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Well I just downloaded the 2018 manual for the RT, and was reading about the features of the dash. It looks like the people that were waiting for a new screen and purchased a 2018 RT like my self just got screwed. The screen options on the 2019 screen are different than the 2018, and have more features that than the 2018, and are more helpful.
    I hope there is a flash for the 2018, so it has the same options as the 2019. I will be calling my dealership to see if there is a flash. I know from reading in the posts, that contacting BRP is a waste of time.
    JD
    Just curious, what's the difference? The 2019 manual has the instructions that the 2018 manual didn't come with. I've read the 2019 manual and didn't see any changes. If your 2018 dash hasn't been updated to the latest version, it would be a good idea to get the dealer to do it. It should be 13.20
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Just curious, what's the difference? The 2019 manual has the instructions that the 2018 manual didn't come with. I've read the 2019 manual and didn't see any changes. If your 2018 dash hasn't been updated to the latest version, it would be a good idea to get the dealer to do it. It should be 13.20
    Thank you for the post.
    I will need to check to see what flash I have now.
    I do own a 2018 RT limited that I purchased on 9-8-2018.
    There is a difference for the "screen" in the 2018 manual compared to the 2019 manual.
    Just a couple of things like;
    Distance to empty.
    Separate volume level controls for music and voice commands.
    And added tell tale lights.
    And more that I have not listed yet.
    I hope they fixed the problem with playing spyder radio over BT headset.
    But I also read on here that it was a hardware problem, so I will see.
    JD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Just out of curiosity I checked out the screen section Flamewinger points out. It sure looks like, contrary to reported 2018 experience, FM audio can be sent to the helmet headset.
    Thank you for you post, can anyone confirm with the updated firmware that you can send spyder radio to a BT head set?
    The radio on my spyder is has better reception than the radio on my BT head set.
    JD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you're comparing the manuals then, yes, there is a big difference. It's why I posted this in the first place.

The bikes are pretty much the same except for colors. You need to make sure the firmware is 13.20 and I'll check to see if the FM can be piped into the headset. I mostly listen to SiriusXM on separate phone.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    If you're comparing the manuals then, yes, there is a big difference. It's why I posted this in the first place.

The bikes are pretty much the same except for colors. You need to make sure the firmware is 13.20 and I'll check to see if the FM can be piped into the headset. I mostly listen to SiriusXM on separate phone.
    Thank you for your post.
    And thank you for posting the area for the manual too.
    I would check the firmware on my spyder, but it was raining so I could not ride it to work, thinking about it now, it should be snowing, not raining.
    Thank you for checking to see if they got the FM to head set fixed. I know there are a lot of people out there who want to know too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just played with the bike's radio and in the Music settings you can switch from FM to phone music to AUX and not go into BRP Connect. ie. Whatever the last playlist you were playing will start playing if you switch to bluetooth in the music settings.

FM and AUX will still only play in the speakers and is not available in BT headset.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the post.
    We now know the answer and it’s been checked.
    I just checked my 2018 spyder RT limited, and it has 13.20 firmware and does not show any of the screen shots in the 2019 manual for the screen.
    So it stands as stated, the screen for the 2019 has more options than the 2018.
    JD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Thank you for the post.
    We now know the answer and it’s been checked.
    I just checked my 2018 spyder RT limited, and it has 13.20 firmware and does not show any of the screen shots in the 2019 manual for the screen.
    So it stands as stated, the screen for the 2019 has more options than the 2018.
    JD
    I'd like to see pictures to see what you're seeing.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pictures.
    As for the first picture.
    As for your left screen picture, it shows the “ miles to empty” where your right picture does not show it.
    In the 2019 manual: The tell tale shows “speaker audio output” and “helmet audio output”.
    The 2018 spyder does not have this feature.
    In the 2019 manual: A separate volume level is used for an- nouncement (i.e.: Voice command from the BRP Connect Navigation App). During an announcement, the volume bar will display the announce- ment volume level. The volume bar will be yellow and the audio source will show ANNOUNCEMENT”.
    Sorry for the short reply, it’s hard to reply with my iPhone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Depends on the way you have it setup. There is no difference as the fimware is the same for both 2018's and 2019's. BRP is still figuring it out so the new manual is not all there yet.

When in the total milage, that is in the Stats window, if you hold the joystick up you can switch the left mileage indication from total bike miles to total trip miles. So you can have either showing in the left half of the screen. It's not "miles to empty" but total miles since it was cleared when you gassed up, just like any trip meter.

As for the announcement thing, I'd like to see it on a 2019 as its possible it's supposed to work that way and we have another firmware update to get it. Some announcements I can adjust the volume and some (like Genius Maps) I can't. Not watching the dash at the time.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Audio Output selection is used to select the desired audio output: Speaker
    or Helmet.
    I hope there is another update ,bike is under cover till spring .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Audio Output selection is used to select the desired audio output: Speaker
    or Helmet.
    I hope there is another update ,bike is under cover till spring .
    FM and AUX is only available to the speakers. Only phone music works with Bluetooth.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red