Thread: Tyre noise

Spyder Garage

Default Tyre noise

I'm anxious to hear from new owners if the ryker rally produces excessive tire noise on the highway at speed???

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderUSA View Post
    I'm anxious to hear from new owners if the ryker rally produces excessive tire noise on the highway at speed???
    I don't have one ( yet ), but imho the aggressive the tread pattern on any tire is going to be noisier than say an all-season tire ….. If you have ever had snow tires, you know you can hear them while inside the veh. even with the windows closed ….. On a Spyder I think you will hear them …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default For sure....

don't have one either but if they are too noisey take the dirt roads... if your not going to be off road much you could get a set of the standard tires ....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I travel to the rocky mountains annually and taking dirt roads from Indiana might be a bit problematic

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Why worry about something that hasn't happened yet? Everyone has different perceptions of noise. If you get one and the tires are too noisy to you, get different tires.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me that’s his only concern w Rally. He sells a lot of on/off road 2W bikes and some customers have complained about the increased tire noise. However he also pointed out that the nubs on the Rally tires are much smaller than the 2W so he doesn’t think it will be a problem. He has tons of years of experience w motor sports, so I was happy to hear that was his only concern w Ryker Rally.
    One of my RC members picks up his Rally tomorrow, can’t wait for his review. But BajaRon picked up his Rally a couple days ago and said he didn’t notice any tire noise. I’m sure there will be tons of reviews posted next week. I absolutely love my RTL....but I really want a Ryker Rally, so much fun and so much different than Spyder. I’m excited for everyone who preordered, and I’ll admit..I’m also jealous. Lol.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

I have not noticed any additional noise from my Ryker Rally tires (up to 70 mph so far). All tires make noise and I suppose that technically, these tires should make more noise than a street tread. But is has not been noticeable to me. I have not ridden my Ryker today. But when I do I will give special attention to road noise. Yet just the fact that I need to put particular effort into listening for any tire road noise probably tells the story.

Honestly, I see this as a Non-Issue.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Hi Ryker USA I am supprised you can hear any tire noise , with such a noisy engine , that's all I can hear. Regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Since it is single wheel drive, you could put normal tires on the front, and a lug tire pattern on the rear.

Spyder Garage

What He said..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    Hi Ryker USA I am supprised you can hear any tire noise , with such a noisy engine , that's all I can hear. Regards Nico 75
    2019 900 Rally , Black