Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Recommended cleaner for wheels

Any suggestions on what product might work best on the 10th anniversary edition wheels? I have the 2018 F3L that has the gold coated wheels. They get pretty dirty and I have only tried soap and water and a brush so far, not wanting to mess up the coating. Any 10th edition ryders out there who have found a product to clean them up again?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know about a specific cleaner, but I did purchase the Brush Hero, and with the soft bristled brush includded works awesome on my chrome wheels.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Merlin’s Blood. Hands down, best I’ve used. There are links/contact info for Jim Booth, he sells it. I wish I had the black/gold anniversary edition, wanted to buy but didn’t realize it was pre order only. So I went w 2018 RTL. Good luck.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

I've used the Merlin's Blood on my 2018 10th Anniversary RT. It works ok, but the paint seems to have a surface finish that is not completely smooth. As a result, it got the worst brake dust and dirt off, but not completely. I was not able to hook up a pressure washer, so I just hit it with the highest pressure I could get from the garden hose. I stored the Spyder for the winter, but in the spring, I plan on giving it another shot using a pressure washer. Also, the Merlin's blood is not cheap, and it seems to go quickly. If I can get them clean, then I will investigate a wax or coating that I can apply to help protect the rims. If anybody wants to recommend something, I am all ears.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Appreciate the above replies. You are right, as far as the brake dust, etc getting embedded in the gold rims. I really like the black and gold 10th anniversary edition but it is a bear to keep clean. Loved my 2011 pearl white RTL with aluminum rims. Easy to clean and longer periods between washes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+ 1 for Merlin's Blood
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)