Spyder Garage

Default Want this jacket

2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Very nice. The problem with most motorcycle gear these days is that it lasts and lasts and lasts...

I have four assorted leather jackets from twenty years old to eight years old. Still use them in my daily rides, along with the other textiles and mesh. Have not bought a new jacket for over five years now.

Two six foot racks in the garage and fully loaded with to many riding jackets.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the same problem. One 1st gear Scout,bought in 1993,still wear. One brown heavy leather jacket been thru 2 wrecks and still looks good.Bought new in 2006,still wear it. Joe Rocket Phoenix 1.0 bought new in 2000,works good,still wear it.First Gear Kilimanjaro worn alot,silver now mostly looks dirty but I still wear it. They are are all comfortable and do their job well. The last jacket I bought in 2011 1st gear. Its hard to justify a new jacket when all the others still fix and look good.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Yeah, how dare they make such durable gear
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Have the first FXRG from HD bought in late 90's I believe.Had to take it in for a new zip pull last year!Under warranty!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I have to ask you, why do you want this jacket. I have a very nice perferated leather jacket, good looking, comfortable, but...... I bought it years ago, before todays mesh jackets were made. My perforated leather one doesn't hold a candle to my Can Am mesh jacket in comfort or saftey. The mesh jacket has a zip out quilted liner for cooler weather and also the removable elbow, and shoulder protection. It is more comfortable at 90 degrees than wearing just a T shirt, and surprisingly, with the linger in, is comfortable down into the lower 40's. Good luck with your choice.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I have to ask you, why do you want this jacket. I have a very nice perferated leather jacket, good looking, comfortable, but...... I bought it years ago, before todays mesh jackets were made. My perforated leather one doesn't hold a candle to my Can Am mesh jacket in comfort or saftey. The mesh jacket has a zip out quilted liner for cooler weather and also the removable elbow, and shoulder protection. It is more comfortable at 90 degrees than wearing just a T shirt, and surprisingly, with the linger in, is comfortable down into the lower 40's. Good luck with your choice.
    Well...just because I want it I give away old jackets I am bored with or don't particularly like. All except the Hein Gericke I bought in 95'. That jacket is exceptionally well made. It's so good I would not want to crash in it. I think they are out of business now.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    2019 Rally , Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You and me both, I have at least 8 jackets , leather- mesh- fabric- in various sizes
    depending on how young and or old and fat I was when I got them..... last year I bought
    2 new jackets both hiviz one mesh with armor and one standard armored jacket and guess what
    they both fit.... also have mesh and regular armored riding pants.... and big surprise they also fit...
    I got them all in a size XX Fat.IMG_0050.jpg
    Hey Anthony .... why is this photo sideways ?
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 12-19-2018 at 03:21 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I have the same problem. One 1st gear Scout,bought in 1993,still wear. One brown heavy leather jacket been thru 2 wrecks and still looks good.Bought new in 2006,still wear it. Joe Rocket Phoenix 1.0 bought new in 2000,works good,still wear it.First Gear Kilimanjaro worn alot,silver now mostly looks dirty but I still wear it. They are are all comfortable and do their job well. The last jacket I bought in 2011 1st gear. Its hard to justify a new jacket when all the others still fix and look good.
    Hey Paul
    I have the First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket and same story only looks a little dirty, still fits I have the first Gear gloves as well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Well...just because I want it I give away old jackets I am bored with or don't particularly like. All except the Hein Gericke I bought in 95'. That jacket is exceptionally well made. It's so good I would not want to crash in it. I think they are out of business now.
    on the Hein Gericke jacket. Mine is from 1986. I guess a bit older than the twenty years I had stated. Still looks like new. Thank you Lexol leather conditioner.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    on the Hein Gericke jacket. Mine is from 1986. I guess a bit older than the twenty years I had stated. Still looks like new. Thank you Lexol leather conditioner.
    Yeah, mine still looks new. HG jackets are so nice I won't wear it on the bike. They are also rare. There is no armor in it so I wear it as a casual jacket.

Remember Vance? They always had their patch on the shoulder. Wonder if they are still in business.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Hard to beat the look and style of a well made leather jacket. We've given away 6 jackets over the years to the local MSF peeps. But there's no way I'll be parting with my 20 year old AGV Sports leather (still in great condition), or my 1st leather Bomber Jacket which is 53 years old (sentimental value)!! But sadly needs a new lining, although the leather is still OK.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it's hard to let go of some things. I still have my Shoei RF700 from the 90's. It's useless, The liner is deteriorated. But I keep it anyway and it's on display in my spare room.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Glad to know I'm not the only one!!

I've still got my very first 'race suit' & helmet from when I first started driving professionally a couple of lifetimes ago, altho not 'on display' (not thru lack of trying!) & my Missus keeps on agitating to "toss that old stuff, it's no good & it won't fit you anymore, why hang on to it?!" I just remind her that I've had that gear longer'n her, so she should respect my need to hang onto some things that I've kept around for a while!!

I think it's good to retain some memorabilia, it serves as a tangible reminder of where you've been & what you've achieved!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!