Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS IS VERY WRONG

https://www.humanewatch.org/new-ad-h...-u-s-gets-a-d/

i am an animal lover and the humane society is a really crappy charity.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sux: don't it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Charitynavigator says something different: https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ary&orgid=3848

Charitynavigator.org gives Humane Society two stars out of four and says they spend 69% of their total expenses on actual programs. That's considerably different from what humanewatch says. Still not impressive but not nearly as horrible as CharityWatch says.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Best to give charitable donations to organizations that you can follow and see what they are doing with the money.

Watch out though for those local calls from the fire department and police department that are putting on shows for the down and out. The calls come from "outside" fundraising organizations that take more than 50% of the donations.

And we all know about the recent veterans debacle where the organization was going on million dollar retreats to Las Vegas etc.

If I cannot see it being spent, I don't donate to it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

best to be familiar with the charity in question
    It is "the Humane Society of the United States"

Do not confuse it with any local Humane Societies. As was noted in the article, HSUS does not operate any shelters.

The second ranking gives them two stars. That won't cut it for me.

I believe in giving local when possible.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Actually, if you read the article, the "D" rating was given by CharityWatch. HumaneWatch is just passing on the information.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Best to give charitable donations to organizations that you can follow and see what they are doing with the money.

Watch out though for those local calls from the fire department and police department that are putting on shows for the down and out. The calls come from "outside" fundraising organizations that take more than 50% of the donations.

And we all know about the recent veterans debacle where the organization was going on million dollar retreats to Las Vegas etc.

If I cannot see it being spent, I don't donate to it.
    That would be the Wounded Warrior Project. The warning signs were everywhere for those who cared to look beyond the marketing hype and demand to see the numbers.

Anyone know what rating the Road Warrior Foundation has?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-17-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Charitynavigator says something different: https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ary&orgid=3848

Charitynavigator.org gives Humane Society two stars out of four and says they spend 69% of their total expenses on actual programs. That's considerably different from what humanewatch says. Still not impressive but not nearly as horrible as CharityWatch says.
    It is an umbrella organization and passes funds raised through to member charities. They are fully transparent and accountable. Humane Watch seems to be making unsupportable statements about HSUS for whatever private agenda THEY might have. I'm inclined to distrust the claims of HumaneWatch.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Really😲

I usually watch for the annual salary report for the CEO's of the charitable organizations out there. Once you see that it will make you wonder how the organization get anything .... They should do like weddings and make a list of what they will need and let that be donated to them rather than cash....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black