Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3 Limited Seat change

Hi, Has anyone changed the seat on the F3 Limited. Looking at the Corbin seat but they said it won't fit with the trunk on. I understand that the F3T seat is the same length. Any info would be appreciated.
    2018 F3 LIMITED , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I put a Corbin seat on my 2018 F3L while in Sturgis. The guys were great and very informative. I liked it but it was not a good fit and they offered to make one that would fit like a glove. Then I put an Ultimate on and I liked it as well but both seats have you seated too high. From what I have gleaned the "frame" or "shell" that supports the seat is not made as low as the OEM therefore you are stuck with the added height. I really like sitting as low as possible so I think I will be going the "Motorcycle Dave" route. Install a gel pad, trim the back of the seat 1", add heat and cover with a custom cover of some sort.

Spyder Garage

My experience, when changing the seat on my 2017 F3L from stock to Ultimate (mid-size), is that the Ultimate driver seat is now about 3/4" higher than stock, and the Ultimate passenger seat is now about 1-1/2" lower than stock. Both seat areas are quite comfortable on the Ultimate; the change from stock to Ultimate improved my driver riding tolerance time from roughly 45 minutes to 3 hours. As an intermediate step, the addition of an AirHawk pad (pre-Ultimate) improved my saddle time to about 1 hr. 15 or 1 hr. 30 mins. The Ultimate doubled this. I now also use padded cycling underwear for additional comfort and time. My wife finds her passenger seat comfort about the same. However, she says that the stock passenger seat relative to the stock driver seat had her looking over my helmet. As the relative seat height differential between driver and passenger on the Ultimate is less, she now does not have the same 'over my helmet' view, and looks/sees more around the sides. The stock F3L seat is a two-piece assembly; the Ultimate seat is one-piece, so no way to adjust, short of stuffing more padding into the passenger portion. On balance, the Ultimate 2-color seat is much better looking, IMHO, aside from any comfort/view issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bushrat; 12-16-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Nice seat, does the passenger still have access to the heated grips? I have a 2018 F3L.
    Thanks

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

When you add the BRP arm rest you loose the heated grips !
    Happy Owner

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    My experience, when changing the seat on my 2017 F3L from stock to Ultimate (mid-size), is that the Ultimate driver seat is now about 3/4" higher than stock, and the Ultimate passenger seat is now about 1-1/2" lower than stock. Both seat areas are quite comfortable on the Ultimate; the change from stock to Ultimate improved my driver riding tolerance time from roughly 45 minutes to 3 hours. As an intermediate step, the addition of an AirHawk pad (pre-Ultimate) improved my saddle time to about 1 hr. 15 or 1 hr. 30 mins. The Ultimate doubled this. I now also use padded cycling underwear for additional comfort and time. My wife finds her passenger seat comfort about the same. However, she says that the stock passenger seat relative to the stock driver seat had her looking over my helmet. As the relative seat height differential between driver and passenger on the Ultimate is less, she now does not have the same 'over my helmet' view, and looks/sees more around the sides. The stock F3L seat is a two-piece assembly; the Ultimate seat is one-piece, so no way to adjust, short of stuffing more padding into the passenger portion. On balance, the Ultimate 2-color seat is much better looking, IMHO, aside from any comfort/view issues.
    This.

IMG_6262.jpg