Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    Not necessarily at all. A CVT tranny constantly changes the effective gear ratio. The tranny may not be at its highest available gear ratio at even 70. It may not be even be at the 8K R's redline at 100.
    True. This is one reason I hesitated to even give a 60 mph RPM because there is no set RPM for any speed. That is because there is no gear to gear contact dictating RPM at any speed. My report on RPM at 60 mph was on relatively flat terrain at cruse. If I were accelerating the RPM at 60 mph would be higher. If decelerating it would be lower.

The CV transmission is very easy to get used to. But people do seem to have a problem getting their brain around how it functions. There are only 2 'Gears'. The display console shows 'F' for forward and 'R' for reverse. That's it.

Here is a short demonstration of how a CVT functions. It is infinitely variable within its upper and lower limitations to alter the output RPM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weCgZyexoMw
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-22-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I think I may have broke the Can Am website due to how many “builds” I’ve made! I think the Splash Guards ($150) are important, but I’m sure that will be one of the first aftermarket parts made. After riding the 900ACE, I’ve also added the windshield ($200), the power makes the wind feel like it’s trying to push you off the Ryker. Hoping the windshield helps w that. I’m interested in seeing the Knee Pads ($100) in person, says they are made from aluminum, wondering if padding is on them. And I’m very interested in seeing if the Comfort Seat is a big improvement over regular seat, that really increases price. I though stock seat was fine but one of my friends didn’t find it comfortable. I have to get passenger seat & backrest, not only to take my wife & kids for a ride but I also think it looks really cool. And lastly, I’m curious to hear BajaRon’s opinion on the improved “Red” Swaybar. Really looking forward to everyone’s reviews. My friend is supposed to pick up his Rally today.. good news is that it’s 62 degrees. Bad news is torrential wind/rain all day. No rain tomorrow, but temp drops to 48. I really think this will be a home run for Can Am, I’m hearing those special colored panels are selling out quickly.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the CVT vid. Shows the action of the two pulleys well.

You will see that cruising at say 60 MPH with a tail wind will find you running at a lower RPM, ie what ever engine RPM/Power is required to go the speed or acceleration you determine that you want.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Looks like i will be riding by this Tuesday! Dealer just got 6 Rykers in this morning. One of them is my Rally! Ho-Baby!

48398002_2084753638234563_1799829530269974528_n.jpg

Should look something like this when it is done!

Got one of mine too. The other one will be here after the holidays.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Got one of mine too. The other one will be here after the holidays.

48398002_2084753638234563_1799829530269974528_n.jpg
    Awesome Lamont! I know you're going to like it.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-22-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

20181221_125155.jpg20181221_124701.jpg

First in Kansas City to own a Rally!
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

What options/accessories did you get with that?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the write up Ron. Been out of the country. Have a rally on order for Becky. I also use Moutain Motorsports great people to deal with.

Spyder Garage

Got the windshield and comfort rear seat... Been riding it around in 40 degree weather. Brrrrr... But fun!!!

I elected to install the accessories myself to save labor cost. Note: The bracket that goes traversely underneath the seat to support the foldable passenger pegs was too long. I had to grind it down about 1/16th of an inch to make it fit.

Also, the rear seat required some grinding on the plastic to allow it to slide on fully. Windshield went on easy.

20181222_124240.jpg

Spyder Garage

Mountain Motorsports was very good to me. If you are using the dealership in Greeneville, TN. I highly recommend Hayden Freeman. He is a great person.

We will have to hook up and go riding. I'm hoping to do 300 miles on my Ryker on Monday. It won't be warm but maybe not too cold.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CTAC View Post
    Got the windshield and comfort rear seat... Been riding it around in 40 degree weather. Brrrrr... But fun!!!

I elected to install the accessories myself to save labor cost. Note: The bracket that goes traversely underneath the seat to support the foldable passenger pegs was too long. I had to grind it down about 1/16th of an inch to make it fit.

Also, the rear seat required some grinding on the plastic to allow it to slide on fully. Windshield went on easy.

20181222_124240.jpg
    I'm not sure but I think I read that you are supposed to take the plastic end tip off the mounting frame when installing seat. cueman

Spyder Garage

20181222_124240.jpg
    Was the windshield effective per your height? Did it help with direct wind blast?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have same question as Sarge. I only rode the 900ACE for about half hour, but when I got off I remember thinking that I’d need the windshield (and splash guards). Great question. ����

Spyder Garage

It is helpful at the highest position. I wouldn't say it is a complete touring solution but glad I got it. Next purchases will be GPS holder and cup holder. I would like the handle bars to come towards me a bit more.

I am 5' 11" by the way.

I took my daughter from Overland Park to Raymore yesterday evening and she thought the seat was fine. Commented that if we were to travel long distances, a pad might be helpful to sit on. Neither one of us froze to search in sub-40 degree weather.... Fingers were stiff but otherwise not too bad. ☺

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Ron, Looks like you have a brake/tail light not working as seen in your 5th photo.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

20181223_115921.jpg

Don't laugh.... Cobbled up some soft bags for a temp solution!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just wondering the difference in the wheel base on the front end, compared to the RT? Looks good Ron. Think the Ryker will be a big hit for Can Am.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Almost identical. Ryker wheelbase is 67.3”. Rt is 67.5”.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Just wondering the difference in the wheel base on the front end, compared to the RT? Looks good Ron. Think the Ryker will be a big hit for Can Am.
    Almost all specs are very close to each other. Surprisingly even the ground clearance. RT is 4.5”, Ryker is 4”. That shocked me, you sit much lower (closer to ground) on Ryker than Spyder (I have a pic of F3 next to Ryker) but clearance is only half inch difference. When I sat on it I thought speed bumps etc would be a problem. But not at all. I’m just Wondering if loading on a trailer will cause problems for Ryker. But prob not. Weight is a big difference. And torque, Ryker is a rocket, I’ll bet some people may have a problem w that, especially in Rally Mode. Should make for some funny videos though. Lol.

Spyder Garage

Now that Spyderpops, Lamonster & Baja Ron all have their Rykers, we should be seeing after market parts pretty quickly

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Very true Joe, and they all look like kids on Christmas morning in the pics I’ve seen. Lol. So many people want storage. I think protection (hand guards, splash guards, windshield) will be great for aftermarket. And I’m excited for Pete from WrapMySpyder, I think vinyl wraps will be the best selling aftermarket for Ryker. So much potential.

Spyder Garage

Any More ride reports? Were ALL EARS to ride reports.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Now that Spyderpops, Lamonster & Baja Ron all have their Rykers, we should be seeing after market parts pretty quickly

I'm planning on getting mine in the March/April time frame, so I'm hoping by then the aftermarket parts will be showing up.

Spyder Garage

150 miles on my Rally. Love everything about it accept the clunking of the drivetrain. Quick and nimble is exactly how I would describe it. A little squirrely until you get used to how a trike tracks down the highway. Had the real wheel re-torqued thinking the spline might be loose. However, that wasn't a solution. Maybe when the temps rise in the Spring, the amount gear clearance will reduce.

Spyder Garage

150 miles on my Rally. Love everything about it accept the clunking of the drivetrain. Quick and nimble is exactly how I would describe it. A little squirrely until you get used to how a trike tracks down the highway. Had the real wheel re-torqued thinking the spline might be loose. However, that wasn't a solution. Maybe when the temps rise in the Spring, the amount gear clearance will reduce.
    Is this your first can am 3 wheeler?