Spyder Garage

Default Anyone used Amazon Music app on BRP dash?

Can we play Amazon music through the new 2018 BRP dash from smart phone app?
    Amazon music says:
    Important: Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited titles can only be accessed and played within the Amazon Music app—they cannot be exported for use on other apps and devices, or copied onto CDs and other external storage.

Has anyone been able to run the app on BRP dash?
    Thanks! Learning a lot from this site.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

The amazon music app does not run nor can it be installed to the BRP dash. You can run it on your phone which can link to the bike via bluetooth.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The amazon music app does not run nor can it be installed to the BRP dash. You can run it on your phone which can link to the bike via bluetooth.
    So, is it correct to say I could attach my smart phone to my spyder cuff with a front fronk extension and run the amazon app through the BRP Bluetooth so I can choose songs from my Android S9 phone?
    I still do not have Accu-weather app available from BRP and feel bait & switched happened from BRP.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Yes. What you are proposing will work. Lots of folks are a bit disappointed in what BRP connect turns out to offer.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Connect your phone via BT only. So either uninstall BRP Connect app from your phone and/or do not plug in the USB cable from the front trunk. Any music app should work from your phone via BT. The handlebar controls may even work, for mute/pause, skip song and replay. But using the BRP Connect app as well, will lock the phones' screen.

My phone is mounted on the handlebars of my F3L. I have uninstalled BRP Connect app from my phone and still use the usb cable to keep the phone charged up. Works very well. Music from the google music. Navigation from google maps on my phones screen. The only thing is I get a nag notification to install BRP Connect app. Going to install a usb charging plug. That should stop that minor problem and charge the phone faster when it may be a little low.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I have used Amazon Music through my Note 8 via bluetooth. No issues so far

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've found any music I can play in iTunes will be played in the bike's dash via BRP Connect. I have to start the music before connecting so when I go to play the music I just hit play and whatever music was playing will keep going. So, since there is a radio in iTunes I can select what types of music I want and enjoy. I would concede the same thing works with Androids. If the Amazon music app is available in BRP Connect then you can use it, so far it's not. I want SiriusXM and I'm still waiting.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red