Spyder Garage

Default I like electricity and....

... hate thunderstorms. A front rolled across the Dallas area last night and knocked my electricity out for half-a-day. Hell of a storm, BTW.

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Wut?!?! The gadget dude don't have a generator? I thought for sure you'd have sum-ting hooked up to your Spyder and supply house wide power during electricial outages.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Wut?!?! The gadget dude don't have a generator? I thought for sure you'd have sum-ting hooked up to your Spyder and supply house wide power during electricial outages.
    After last night, I will have a generator setting in the garage from now on. I'm selling the Valk so I will then have room.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    ... hate thunderstorms. A front rolled across the Dallas area last night and knocked my electricity out for half-a-day. Hell of a storm, BTW.

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

You should live in Florida... Mother Nature's Sparks are frequent and scary. I have already sucumbed to the wrath of Mother Nature this year, Router and Switch got zapped.
    Welcome to the Sparks.

Spyder Garage

Here ya go ..... easy fix for sparky. I have them in my main and secondary panels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GE-SURGEPRO-...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

We have been watching that area for a few days. Hope that's all gone by the time we ryde through there the week of the 21st. Rain is OK, but thunderstorms call for a motel room. Lightening strikes on humans are pretty terminal. Have almost 11,000 on the Spyder and have not ridden in any rain yet.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We live in Florida too. So when we built this house we made sure we got it wired for a whole house generator as well as a cement pad poured for said generator. The generator goes through its test once a week, since we got it, no power outages. Figures, but with hubby working from home it was a necessity. We also put in all gas appliances too. So now if the power goes out, my parents already made reservations for the spare bedroom during the hurricanes. So my house is a hurricane shelter. Oh well.