Thread: OH OH

Spyder Garage

Default OH OH

Out in the garage cleaning up the beast. Thought I would try and run my phone charging cable down to the battery. I have one of those batery tender to usb adapters, and thought what the heck. Well, i tried to fish the cable down one of the windshield arms (left side sitting on the bike) and said oh crap it is going in the wrong direction. When i tried to get it back out, well you guessed it, stuck. Did not want to force it for fear it might muck something important up.
    Initially i thought it coiled up behind the dash. Got the dash loose but could not get it up and out, seemed like the ignition housing was stopping it.
    How much tupperware will I and what panels do you guys think will need to be removed to see that cable, Thanks guys
    Yea I know about the gauge replacement, but again thanks guys
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Fire34, for what model? Makes it easier to answer questions if you add that to your signature.
    (Another Dave).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Fire34, for what model? Makes it easier to answer questions if you add that to your signature.
    (Another Dave).
    2013 rtl per profile
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Not sure about the 13's, but if you can pull the speaker grill (just held in with plastic tabs) on the side you were feeding it through, you may be able to see what is going on. When I fed my wire down, that is how I accessed the wire to feed it on down.

Spyder Garage

Dave, I did this on my '13 RTL, but I wanted the usb coming out the right side windshield support (when sitting on the bike). So I removed the windshield and windshield support, headlight surround (aka Front console) and the upper console (aka dash cover). Then it was easy fishing the wire though and connecting to the battery posts.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020