Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT BODY PANELS

Anyone found it necessary to replace the body panels? I installed a short antenna and thanks to a YouTube video from Lamonster and Pierre at spider accessories.com I figured out how to takeoff body panels and remove the old Loctite'd antenna. But when putting it all back together, I broke some connections on the rear body panel. So I was wondering where replacements could be found......

Spyder Garage

Bummer, but yes you can order the parts from Cheap Cycle parts,
    Did you break the lower tabs off the Rear panel that plug into the top of the side cases.
    That part is number 154 on the luggages section of the breakdown.
    https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...0a470/luggages
    I broke one of them, but with at least one it stays in place well.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default parts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    Anyone found it necessary to replace the body panels? I installed a short antenna and thanks to a YouTube video from Lamonster and Pierre at spider accessories.com I figured out how to takeoff body panels and remove the old Loctite'd antenna. But when putting it all back together, I broke some connections on the rear body panel. So I was wondering where replacements could be found......
    Also check here http://www.2wheelpros.com/ I have used them many times in past and found that they are ussualy cheaper than Cheap cycle parts.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

yes, not one but both of the lower tabs....I will ck those sites..thanks…..I was thinking that if I could get replacement panels maybe get a different color than the bike..as the bike is red...maybe black rear panel would look good?

Spyder Garage

They actually stay in place quite well with both of them broken. When I he put the LED flag on my bike Spyderlyter found both of the broken on my Spyder. Since I bought my Spyder used I have no idea how or when they were broken. We just bolted it back together and it is solid so far. So you don't actually need to replace it if you decide not to.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Right, I think it's secure enough. I was thinking about putting on a panel of a different color. Found some at the recommended websites $200 plus I also found some on eBay new and used … So I think I'll just keep checking Until I find a good deal. May look for side panels as well just to give it a different look.

Spyder Garage

I had a cracked tab on main left side body panel of my rts 2017. The orig material was very thin and probably got installed without a washer. whoops. This twisted the tab. I did a couple of little checks with abs material and the abs glue that seemed to stick just fine to orig body panel. So I made up a new tab and glued it in place, no one would ever know. Rode this past yr, loos like I had just fixed it. This method might work on most of the tabs if they get damaged, maybe even reinforce damaged holes.
    My 2 cents

Spyder Garage

If you saved the tabs, buy a kit of “The Last Glue”. I have fixed lots of them, and it seems to work the best. Online.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I broke one of those tabs also. Read on a post in here to glue back on with PVC pipe glue. Worked great, have even had it off a couple times since with no issues, now that I know how to take it off and put back on without breaking it.