Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My new Ski adventure days 5, 6, & 7

Update got my new one buckle rear entry boots on Mon. 12/3 ...didn't ski Tues. ( not great weather ) got to try them on Wed. 12/5, GREAT improvement over my last pair two decades ago..... They aren't very stiff, but I'm not sking high speed anymore ...unless it's by accident :.... they are very , very comfortable and putting them on is like putting on your slippers. Because I bought them on-line from Level Nine I had to guess the size - so I just got what my last pair where ..... and they fit fine … I added some stiff foam by putting a square into my sock over the bridge of my foot …. this keeps my heel in place in the boot better. I wouldn't have been able to do that with normal ski boots … but the rear entry boots make it easy...… I'm very please with my progress so far. Not back to my best form by any means, but making progress.... I'm sking smoother which takes much less effort, so my OLD legs are lasting longer each day I go. HOWEVER on day 6, I went down a new trail that was sort of narrow and had lots of moguls ( bumps ), not much loose snow plus it was " frozen granular " …. not much edge bite …. I actually took off my Ski's and walked down the last 150 ft. Sking out of control can get you seriously hurt or DEAD...… Day 7 today was my best day yet. 10 runs and probably could have done two more, but when you get tired you make Serious mis-takes. It's a long season ( till May ) so I'll pass on being stupid about it …… PS each run is about 3/4 mi. long. …… to be cont'd...…...thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

How about some pix

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know

Glad to hear that your still in one piece and getting better. ⛷⛷⛷
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    How about some pix
    ...…….. That occurrence will be my claim to Skiing Immortality, I can't imagine my ability to do that even when I was amateur racing ...……… Mike …..PS ….I just woke up from " after dinner nap " & need to take some more aspirins

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My skiing skill never included bumps so much. But I liked an intermediate slope where I could go really fast. (Kinda like how I ryde my Spyder.) I'm afraid if I tried to ski now, I'd forever be on the bunny slopes!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Great job Mike. Have fun-be safe. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Great job Mike. Have fun-be safe. Bruce
    Thanks Bruce, …. I'm really happy I decided to re-start my Skiing career after almost 20 yrs lay-off. During that period I got into snow-mobiling big time. Had as many as four at a time ( for relatives and kids etc. ) …. At the end I would only go during the week because of traffic on the trails and really careless riders who put your life in jeopardy..... My riding buddy also quit riding, and I decided going out alone was fool-hardy at best. So four years ago I sold them all. Four years of limited activity for the 5 mos. of winter was not good for my over-all health. Since I have started back Skiing I have been sleeping better, and although my un-used muscles are letting me know I still have them each day it gets a bit easier and my run-per-day total increases...… I'm very fortunate in that I have two separate ski area's to chose from - one is 8.3 mi away the other is 12.1 mi. and my season pass ( @ $139.00 ) covers both area's ……… At this price point I can afford to Ski SMART, when I get tired - I STOP & go home. So try to have fun while you await spring …………. PS - One of my funnest sno-mobile trips was a week in the Moosehead lake area 3 weeks after the Ice Storm from HELL back in ( 77 ? ). Billiard table smooth - rock hard trails, best riding in my entire career …AND the warmest it ever reached was 20 below Zero F*… give my best to the missus …… Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-10-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Will do. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles