Spyder Garage

Default Update on my RT instrument cluster problem

Latest update on my instrument cluster, Mountain motorsports called me to tell me that the cluster was in and I need to bring in the Spyder. While they had it I added Tricled A arm led lights and a Custom Dynamics high mount 3rd brake light. Got the Spyder back after 2 days they were very busy with all the 4 wheelers coming in for hunting season, all looked good very happy with the Tricled lights as they turn amber when you turn on you turn signal great safety addition. When parking my Spyder in my work shop and having the sun behind on turning off the ignition I was shocked what I saw on the instrument cluster. There were scratches all across the cluster on the inside of the lens and there was moisture in the cluster as it fogged up except for 2 ovals in the middle of each side.
    I called the dealership and sent them photos they were very surprised and admitted that nobody had seen this when they released my Spyder to me. The service advisor told me they would have to work on this to see how they were going to resolve this.
    20181117_162552.jpg20181117_165120.jpg20181117_165157.jpg
    Dealership told me so as not to get my miles revert back to 0 miles they just replaced the lens on my old cluster but did not see the scratches???? they managed to order another instrument cluster for me and replaced it I now have 0 miles on my 2017 RT and so far it all looks good I will check again today as I got home in the dark .....but on my way home when I put on my turn signal to turn they began hyper flashing. I parked the Spyder for the night and called Tricled for help and their technician was extremely helpful and knew the answer right away ....so this would be helpful to all Spyder riders if this problem comes up. I was told to get the Spyder running and then turn on the emergency flashers and hold down the emergency flasher button for 10 seconds this would reset the blinkers, I did this and they are now flashing normal .....so all ends well. Thanks go out to my Dealership and to Tricled for for helping me finally getting this all resolved.
    Last edited by spydernatic; 12-07-2018 at 12:39 PM.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydernatic View Post
    Latest update on my instrument cluster, Mountain motorsports called me to tell me that the cluster was in and I need to bring in the Spyder. While they had it I added Tricled A arm led lights and a Custom Dynamics high mount 3rd brake light. Got the Spyder back after 2 days they were very busy with all the 4 wheelers coming in for hunting season, all looked good very happy with the Tricled lights as they turn amber when you turn on you turn signal great safety addition. When parking my Spyder in my work shop and having the sun behind on turning off the ignition I was shocked what I saw on the instrument cluster. There were scratches all across the cluster on the inside of the lens and there was moisture in the cluster as it fogged up except for 2 ovals in the middle of each side.
    I called the dealership and sent them photos they were very surprised and admitted that nobody had seen this when they released my Spyder to me. The service advisor told me they would have to work on this to see how they were going to resolve this.
    20181117_162552.jpg20181117_165120.jpg20181117_165157.jpg
    Dealership told me so as not to get my miles revert back to 0 miles they just replaced the lens on my old cluster but did not see the scratches???? they managed to order another instrument cluster for me and replaced it I now have 0 miles on my 2017 RT and so far it all looks good I will check again today as I got home in the dark .....but on my way home when I put on my turn signal to turn they began hyper flashing. I parked the Spyder for the night and called Tricled for help and their technician was extremely helpful and knew the answer right away ....so this would be helpful to all Spyder riders if this problem comes up. I was told to get the Spyder running and then turn on the emergency flashers and hold down the emergency flasher button for 10 seconds this would reset the blinkers, I did this and they are now flashing normal .....so all ends well. Thanks go out to my Dealership and to Tricled for for helping me finally getting this all resolved.
    How do you feel about the"zero" miles on your odometer?
    I had the cluster replaced on my 2011 RT. Bike now has 17 miles showing on the odometer.
    I'm sure it would be considered a "branded" title due to the mileage discrepancy.
    Myself, I'm really disappointed. This will make it harder to get a fair price for trade or selling the bike in the future.
    It's a 21 now....,BUT I like being on top
    TricLed afterburnerz gen2
    BajaRon sway bar
    F4 customs SRT 28" Clear Wide

2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

Lens must be treated on the exterior side only or they mishandled it when changing it out. If done right it works fine. Tricled are very good in the lighting and know all the tricks to solving lighting problems. Just so you know Lamonster also has the cure for hyperflashing it anyone needs to search it out. Glad your all fixed up now and well lit. Just need to keep a record of the mileage that was on the old cluster...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I do not know about GA but most state have either laws or guidelines regarding changing out an odometer. I know that here in the 'Democratic People's Republic of Maryland' an odometer change comes with a "Certificate of Actual Mileage". Supposedly it becomes part of the legal documentation for the vehicle. Only experienced this because a friend just replaced the analog cluster in a classic and was advised to 'have the mileage certified' - I guess a '68 Camaro with 23 miles is quite a find.
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 11rtLTD View Post
    I'm sure it would be considered a "branded" title due to the mileage discrepancy.
    Myself, I'm really disappointed. This will make it harder to get a fair price for trade or selling the bike in the future.
    I think you're right the title will be annotated. If a buyer is a real stickler pull out the cluster and check the back side. I believe the law requires the dealer to attach a sticker attesting to the mileage before the change.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I had the cluster replaced on my 2011 RT. Bike now has 17 miles showing on the odometer.
    Not so much if you have the Documentation.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

In some states like Wisconsin, motorcycles odometer readings are exempt and it is printed in the mileage box on the title as such.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

No not concerned at all I took a photo of the mileage when I stopped at the dealership and made sure that the paperwork from them showed the mileage when the cluster was replaced my mileage could not have been more perfect when I stopped it was exactly 3200 miles. I have printed a color photo of the cluster with the 3200 miles on it and will attach that photo to the dealers paperwork I am also going to call the local DMV and ask what steps do I need to do to stay within the law.
    20181106_175722.jpg
    My concern is for servicing I will have to make a new set of intervals for my Spyder as I have done the 3000 mile service and the next being the 9300 mile which I will do at 6100 miles not difficult just got to remember.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White