Spyder Garage

Default To all the 2018 owners

How difficult is the new BRP Connect system to use? I am contemplating purchasing a Demo F3L with 925 miles on it that is greatly discounted. Even comes in the color I wanted. Do you have to purchase the Genius app to use the nav system? Anything I should get with it when and if I do purchase it. I live in North Las Vegas, so I plan on having Joe and Ann do an alignmet on it. I want to get an F4 custons windscreen for it also. Is the factory backrest worth the price?

Thanks
    Rick
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I have a F3L 2018. I wouldn't buy a 2018 based on having the option to use BRP connect. The Genius app is not very user friendly (compared to TomTom on my Subaru and my BMW Navigator V). The screen is small. You do need to pay something. The app is free and you can download the maps for free but there is a fee to use it on Connect. Also a fee for traffic info and navigation info. I had a standalone GPS from a precious bike and I am using it on my F3. I bought the 2018 for the display as I prefer color vs green LCD but the Connect component is not a compelling reason. My 0.02 $. Not advice just opinion.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think the factory backrest is well worth the price and I love my F4 windshield.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

When you have Joe & Ann due the alignment also have them install their wedgie in your mirrors.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have a choice of either Genius Maps OR Sygic GPS which is cheaper and MUCH easier to use.There is also Rever, FOBO, Accuweather and phone music is also nice along with making/recieved calls. Rever seems to only be available on iPhones and can be used to create route to share and use for navigation.

Pairing the phone and plugging it in can be a bit stubborn but great when its working. There are Youtube videos. I have the phone up on the dash as its cooler and easier to get at.I use a working phone mounted to the handlebars and paired to the helmet for SiriusXM and Waze. (Garmin if needed).
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red