My wife and I are by nature always cold; perhaps that's why the heat in Las Vegas doesn't bother us. However, the winter months here would be ideal for ryding if not for getting so cold all the time. Most places in the Southwest seem to run between 30 degrees in the morning and 60 in the afternoon. Also there are mountains out here where one could encounter a 30 degree variation just by the elevation. I realize these temperatures aren't even slightly cold for a lot of people, but they ARE cold for us. Our usual gear (Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jackets) doesn't cut it even with layers underneath and I'm also not keen on long underwear since it becomes hot the minute you go anywhere inside. I'm wondering how others deal with these temperatures?

Part of our problem is sizing -- I'm 6'-4" and 200 and the wife is 5'-0" and 110, so it's always a challenge finding stuff that fits. We're also concerned both with staying warm and being safe, so one solution would be Aerostich suits in hi-viz that could be worn over street clothes. At $2000 for the two of us, though, the Aerostich would be a pretty expensive mistake if they don't solve the problem. There are also multiple versions of the Aerostich, so which one to choose? There's also a Joe Rocket Survivor suit out there that looks good and is much cheaper, but apparently nobody in the U.S. carries it in a tall or even large size.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.