Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I’m 37 have the 900 ace as I prefer the sportier look.
    Wife is 30 and she has the 600 ace for the same reason.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yacht4u View Post
    Hi.... I am a newbie to Can Ams.
    I'm age 78. Been riding 2 wheelers for 45 years. Have about 250,000 miles and been in every state. Have never been down. Have had 14 bikes over the years the biggest being a Goldwing.

A few years ago I downsized to a Burgman 650 scoot. Great machine but after all these miles in my life, I took my first spill. I went down in a pot holed gravelly parking lot at 3 mph. Got my self a badly cut knee (couple of stitches). The Burgman only a few scratches but I realized that lately coming to stop signs and having to put feet down and slow speeds, and also the twisty winding roads here in TN that I just dont seem to have the balance I used to........In order to stay in the wind I am going to need get a 3 wheeler.
    It's a very confusing process. To many choices. I'm thinking of starting with a Ryker and then if my wife stays interested (she will ride it to. Had her own Vulcan before) I will possibly move up to one of the 2 up touring models. My friend has a Spyder Ltd and let me ride it. I liked it but not sure I want to spend so much to get into this. Need to get a better feel for it.
    Any advice would be welcome. Also I hear some dealers have a lease program. Is this true?
    If you want to take long rydes and want all the bells and whistles go for a Spyder - if shorter rydes and if you want a sporty experience go for the Ryker - either way you cant go wrong!

Spyder Garage

Default Old dude

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    81 and still loving my Spyder. Got one after nearly 60 years on 2 wheelers. Makes you feel young.
    i AM HAVING A BLAST ON MY 600 ACE rYKER. nOW 74, i FEEL 24 WHEN i AM IN MY SADDLE. GEO...

Spyder Garage

I’m 31 but trikes are my only option as I’m 4’8” tall. 2 wheels are not for me.

Spyder Garage

I am 69 and I recently purchased a Rally. I've been riding two wheelers all over the world, after work and on the weekends. The I returned to the States and retired. I still have my Harley, but it's on the market. Having trouble with my clutch hand and in need of two operations in that hand. I have had my right knee replaced and the left one is about due for an overhaul (replacement) so my two wheel days are behind me. My wife wanted me to buy a trike, but the cost was just too high. We went to a bike show in Charlotte, NC about ten years ago and my wife liked the Spider. I didn't care for it, as I preferred the two wheel feeling. Now, I don't have a choice so after seeing the Ryker on Youtube, I decided to check it out. The price was right and the test ride convinced me. It still feels like a bike to me and not sitting on top of a convertible car. My wife likes the comfort of the Spyder but I wanted the Ryker. I bought the Rally.
    On the subject of the age that the Ryker draws from, I have to say that my daughter and son-in-law came to visit with their teen age kids and they all spent most of the day on my Ryker. My daughter took it for a test drive by herself and I could hear her racing back, and then slowing as she came around the curve leading to the house. As she drove up, she had a giant grin on her face. My granddaughter rode with her father and made a video that she posted on her Facebook page, showing her big smile. The Ryker brings smiles to anyone operating one. Less strain, more ability to look around you when you are cruising and sightseeing. No worry about laying it down on loose or wet surface. Other than the fun of leaning in corners, I think I like it more than my two wheel riding.....dare I say that?

Spyder Garage

I had asked the dealer I was shopping at about how were sales doing, since they were basically out of them. His reply was "like hotcakes". They did far better than predicted, which matches BRP's quarterly results. Asked what I thought would be the million dollar question, the at what expense aspect, has it cannibalized Spyder sales? Surprisingly, to me, he said it was the opposite. Their Spyder sales are up. Sypders are targeted at Baby Boomers(55+), Rykers at Gen-X (35-55) and that's were they sell most of them. What surprised them and caught Can-Am's production off guard was they also created a new market for the Baby boomers who couldn't afford a Spyder. Then as a added bonus they were able to up sell some of the older people from Rykers to Spiders with good financing deals.

Spyder Garage

23 years old here. I have always found Spyders interesting but the Ryker pushed me over the edge. Hoping to pick up a 900 later this week. When I did my 3-wheel education course a couple weeks back, I was by far the youngest rider. However, I’d say the majority of riders was in that 30-55 range.

Spyder Garage

And here I thought I was sure to be the only 30 year old on a trike! All my two-wheel riding friends like to make fun of me (it's all in jest, though).

Spyder Garage

I am 52 and just bought my first bike. 2015 RTS. Love it.

Spyder Garage

39 here. Bought my 900 Rally about a month ago. I used to ride a 2000 BMW R1100R but due to an accident 4 years ago, I had to sell it. I physically can not hold up the size bike I prefer to ride so I test ride the Ryker. I enjoyed it an am using it to help entice my wife to learn to ride. That way she can keep the Rally and I will buy another Ryker or Spyder for myself.
    2019 Rally , Black with red panels

Spyder Garage

54 here....added the rally to go with my Yamaha XSR700 and Honda 250L

Spyder Garage

I'm 46- I pick up my Ryker on Wednesday (And do my L's on Mon/Tue!). Never ridden 2 wheel or 3 wheel before....

Spyder Garage

31 here and have had the 900 rally for over a month now. Love it. Never did much with 2 wheels, but have been riding atv’s for around 20 years. My riding group is all 2 wheelers, so I get the jokes but it’s all in good fun. Haven’t seen any other Rykers in my area, lots of Spyders though.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

62 here and I am having a blast with my Rally. Already got a speeding ticket.7AEF6558-9407-46EE-818E-3926D6BE2ED9.jpg
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I'm 47, wife is 45. I have a 2018 F3 Limited. My wife likes the Ryker because it's "her size". I use to ride 2 wheels in my teens and early 20's. Wife's first husband died while on 2 wheels so she definitely said NO when I wanted another motorcycle. Took some convincing, but she said OK to a Spyder. She is really enjoying riding on the back, now she's going to get her license and who knows, maybe a Ryker too. I'm just glad she got over her fears on not being in metal box with 4 wheels. I'm all for her getting a Ryker if that's what she wants, but who's gonna give me back rubs now?

Spyder Garage

I have put 5,400 mi on my 600 Ryker and am hoping to get more, before the snow flies. I will be 75 in October.

Spyder Garage

My 65 yr old wife rides a motorcycle and is testing a 900 this week. I’m staying with my motorcycle for a while, we’ll see.
    - Scott

Spyder Garage

Wifey bought one at 44.

Spyder Garage

I am 27 and just purchased my 1st ryker 900!

Spyder Garage

I am 29, I've been riding 2 wheels since I was 18. Father had bikes since before I was born, so mother couldn't say no when I wanted to get one. I've ridden everything from Harley's to crotch rockets, crashed most too...
    I wanted a Spyder ever since they debuted 10+ years ago, it just wasn't in the cards since I couldn't stand the riding stance of the RTs and RSs, but when the F3 showed I knew that one was for me. I've taken a lot of flak from my generation for an "old man" cycle, but I love it.
    All this being said, a rally is literally as much fun as you can have on 3 wheels, I'll be buying one when I've used up my F3
    Ryde safe, harvest has started, deer are on the move, be careful out there
    2015 F3SE6 , White with orange frame

Spyder Garage

36 and loving the ryker rally so far!

Spyder Garage

I bought my Ryker Rally for my 50th birthday. Been riding 2 wheels over 35 years, now I won't go back to 2 wheels even if they give me one for free.

Spyder Garage

I’m 85, purchased a used 2011 yr and half ago, have put over 5000 m. On it. Love it, in process of doin some up grades, D-Daddy, Virginia

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by D-Daddy View Post
    I’m 85, purchased a used 2011 yr and half ago, have put over 5000 m. On it. Love it, in process of doin some up grades, D-Daddy, Virginia
    I thought the first model Ryker came out at the end of 2018 with the 2019 label? Are you talking about a Spider?

Spyder Garage

I'm 54, bought it for the wife, 48. Absolutely love this machine!I seem to be using it more than my F3 lately.
    2017 F3 Limited , Intense Red Pearl