Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Maybe I'm exactly what Can-Am was hoping for? I'm 46 years old and currently ride all things powersports. Currently ride a Ducati Monster 1200s, Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV, Polaris Switchback snowmobile, also have a Miata for some sportscar fun as well. I'm usually the first to check out all the new vehicles as they are introduced. Was up late the night they launched the Slingshot and Can Am Spyders back in the day. Was also one of the first to check out the new Ryker as well. Saw it at a snowmobile show back in October in New Hampshire. Had this crazy thought of trading in the Ducati for a new Ryker 900. (Love the rims on the 900 vs the Rally). Given I haven't ridden the Ducati much the last few years, thought the Ryker would be a fun change of pace. Although I don't love the idea of a CVT and lack of power compared to the Ducati, there is something to be said for doing something different. The Ryker is certainly different looking and I happen to LOVE the stripped down, minimalistic look. Sort of a Harley Sportster of the Can Am family. After watching all the Youtube videos I could get my hands on, it seems like a great new concept and people who have ridden it appeared to be surprised at how much fun it was. The price is right, the fun factor is there, and it certainly will draw some attention. Called a local dealer today to find out about availability. For the price it's tough to beat! Who knows, maybe it's exactly what I was looking for????? Time will tell. Eric

Spyder Garage

I'm 56 and the wife is 57. We have a 2016 RTS and a 2008GS. I'm getting a Ryker. The GS is going to my daughter, who will be taking the class and getting practice this spring. Three Spyder/Ryker family soon!

Steve

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Bought the Rally version at age 71. I also think BRP has found a market they didn't know existed with the Ryker. It's not the entry rider they thought it was for. (lost count of my previous number of bikes, >10)

Once you get over the lesser macho sex appeal of a trike vs a two wheeler, (and the CVT), the Ryker is simply more fun than a conventional MC. You can enjoy rydes on unpaved BLM, Forestry roads and many other situations that would make for a nervous ride on a MC. That was important since I drive 2 miles of unpaved roads to get to and from my house but there's also something else appealing about the Ryker. If I were still into long bike trips the Spyder would be my choice but going to the local store for a milk or bread run is just crazy fun on the Ryker.

As to why a Ryker over a Spyder I don't know. The Spyder is a fine machine but it doesn't do whatever it is that the Ryker does and I never thought I'd say that about a machine with CVT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GoandChase View Post
    A day of first for me. This is my first post, have been lurking for awhile and I put down a deposit on a 900 that will be my first anything besides a car.

Looking forward to trying something new next week. Oh.. the age thing... Just shy of 48.
    @GoandChase:
    Congrats! I'm 48 as well. I've owned 87 bikes (including this one) and I still have 14 others in the stable. I'll still plan to keep most (all?) of them, so the Ryker isn't replacing anything, just adding whole new dimension to riding for me.

If you haven't ridden a reverse-trike before, then you should take the Can-Am 3-wheel rider's course. It's only $99-150 (depending on where you are). It's a great learning tool for new and experienced riders to understand how to handle these things. I've been riding street bikes (legally) for 34+ years, and I still found value in taking the course.

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

I'm 27, youngest here I guess? My Ryker is at the dealer waiting for papers.

Spyder Garage

59.5 and loving it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 748eric View Post
    Maybe I'm exactly what Can-Am was hoping for? I'm 46 years old and currently ride all things powersports. Currently ride a Ducati Monster 1200s, Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV, Polaris Switchback snowmobile, also have a Miata for some sportscar fun as well. I'm usually the first to check out all the new vehicles as they are introduced. Was up late the night they launched the Slingshot and Can Am Spyders back in the day. Was also one of the first to check out the new Ryker as well. Saw it at a snowmobile show back in October in New Hampshire. Had this crazy thought of trading in the Ducati for a new Ryker 900. (Love the rims on the 900 vs the Rally). Given I haven't ridden the Ducati much the last few years, thought the Ryker would be a fun change of pace. Although I don't love the idea of a CVT and lack of power compared to the Ducati, there is something to be said for doing something different. The Ryker is certainly different looking and I happen to LOVE the stripped down, minimalistic look. Sort of a Harley Sportster of the Can Am family. After watching all the Youtube videos I could get my hands on, it seems like a great new concept and people who have ridden it appeared to be surprised at how much fun it was. The price is right, the fun factor is there, and it certainly will draw some attention. Called a local dealer today to find out about availability. For the price it's tough to beat! Who knows, maybe it's exactly what I was looking for????? Time will tell. Eric
    @748eric:
    It sounds like you and I are the same moto animals. I'm 48 and mirror most of what you said above. I have a 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo sitting in the stable. Your 1200s has a little more grunt than my 1100, but you'd be SURPRISED how quick the Ryker 900/Rally is... it's a real hoot to ride. I just posted a ride vlog to YouTube where I made the mental comparison between the Ryker's roll-on performance against my tuned 2008 Yamaha R1 and the 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo... I think the Ryker will stomp them in terms of the "go-right-now-and-don't-think-about-it" factor... just twist and fire that missile! There is no hunting for gears, no downshifts, just GO!

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Du7chManiac View Post
    I'm 27, youngest here I guess? My Ryker is at the dealer waiting for papers.
    The Ryker makes me feel like I'm in my 20's again... hopefully my driving record won't start feeling the same way. This thing is probably going to get me into trouble.

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

38 years old...

Spyder Garage

I am going to ride mine BACKWARD into my 71st year.

Spyder Garage

I am 55 and have been riding for years. Dirt, street, Old Triumphs, multiple Harleys, A Kawi Concour 08, A homebuilt V-8 trike and swapped a 2011Ultra to buy two Rykers.

Wife is in the same generation as me and she is crazy happy with her Ryker.

I think BRP may have mis-judged the demographic, but LaMonster looked great standing on his. Pretty sure I would face plant

Spyder Garage

Im 55 and ordered (2) Nine Hundred Ryker Rally models for my 16 year old son and I to have some great times together...... We can't wait til Spring!!!!!
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

44 years young! Love my Ryker! The warm weather can’t come fast enough!

Spyder Garage

52 years old! I have been away from motorcycling for a long time and was looking at getting another bike. My wife and I went to the Motorcycle Show in our city.
    I was trying on bikes for size, fit, etc.. when my wife spotted the Ryker. I've always liked the Can-Am's but too pricey for me. But the Ryker! Wow I fell in love
    at first site. I put a deposit on one the same day so now I'm impatiently waiting for spring to arrive.
    2019 900 ACE , Black/White

Spyder Garage

53 here in KC
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommer View Post
    Im 55 and ordered (2) Nine Hundred Ryker Rally models for my 16 year old son and I to have some great times together...... We can't wait til Spring!!!!!
    What a great DAD

Spyder Garage

Not sure where in Ma you are, but Bob’s Ski-doo in Easton were great!

Spyder Garage

46 and interested in picking one up!
    547357_2886916813302_28476825_n.jpg

Spyder Garage

I am a first time buyer of a Can Am product. The Ryker is a perfect fit for me. I have been a long time passenger of a BMW. I got tired of looking around my husbands helmet. The Ryker provides the opportunity for me to see the road clearly. Now my husband and I can tour and both enjoy the thrill of the ride. I am turning 60 this year and the Can Am Ryker has so far been a great experience

Spyder Garage

I’m 44 got mine January 4th and have ridden it once. Damn Missouri weather

Spyder Garage

Just bought one. Primary rider 47. Secondary 16, Third and last 10 (parking lot rider). LOL.. we all love the new toy.. may end up getting a second one next year for my son. He really likes riding mine..

Spyder Garage

I just bought my wife a Ryker Rally for her 50th birthday!! Now to figure out how to keep our 19 & 26 year olds off of it...RYKER.jpg
    2019 Ryker Rally , Matte Black

Spyder Garage

That is so awesome!!
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMotard View Post
    The Ryker makes me feel like I'm in my 20's again... hopefully my driving record won't start feeling the same way. This thing is probably going to get me into trouble.

--
    QM
    Hahaha! I like your videos by the way. Keep it up!