I have worked since I was 15 years old and Last week I turned in my 2 week notice. For the last 25 years as a traveling construction superintendent I have been to every state except 2 and have worked in 38 of them. Some times I have stayed on a site for a year sometimes only weeks but have had a chance to explore this great country of ours . Now I'm looking forward to returning to some of my favorite places and touring them on our Spyders. Our first big ride this spring will be Hwy. 20 coast to coast. I have done about half of it but this time we will start in Newport Or and end in Boston, My love of adventure started by listening to my Dads stories of his adventure on his Harley traveling to all the lower 48 in 1937-38. My lovely bride for the last 44 years loves riding and touring as much as I do. We have made some great rydes on our spyders , but it always seemed to be short of time and could never just stop and spend several days or a week in a spot. but that is going to change. At 68 I have realized it's time to really stop and smell the roses. When I turned in my notice it was really hard to turn down a 6 figure salary but I had thought long and hard about this and after my mentor had passed away last month at 92 he always chided me for telling him maybe I'll do it next year. So I guess my wife and I will go make a bunch on new memories. I may even try writing a travel blog.

Jackson Hole.jpg