Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 900 Basic or Rally - what is the diference ??

it seems that I have to order it "blind" - but I did the same for my 2008-GS and my 20010-RT, so maybe someone can help me :

would it be better to invest the higher price in aftermarket equipment (a stronger rear shock ..) or should I order the Rally-versioin ??

just found out :

the "Rally" has a 15" backwheel ?? (205/55R 15) I cannot find a tire for this - for the 205/55 R16 of the "standard- Version there are a lot of professional tires available (I would take the Pirelli P7 !) the frontwheels are the same - seems there are no other tires on the Market ??)

chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I personally like the styling of the standard Ryker rims over the Rally. I would prefer to buy the standard version but when you add the rear seat frame and upgraded shocks to the standard version (they come standard on the Rally) you are already exceeding the price of the rally. When I equip the standard version the way I would like it and the Rally version they way I would like it there is about a $1700 difference in price (standard is more expensive). Cost wise it doesn't make sense to buy the standard but the rims on on the Rally are so bad I just might do that to get exactly what I want.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Chris, welcome back! Whatever you choose I look forward to seeing pictures of your adventures.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Chris I would consider the rear fenders

Spyder Garage

Don’t forget the software side of rally mode witch the regular one doesn’t come with

Spyder Garage

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...WR5S&tab=Specs
    Yokohama Sdrive 205-55-15 is a High Performance rear tire for F3 Spyder or Ryker Rally.
    I have been using S drive rear tire since 2014 RT, & 2015 F3 Spyder, excellent traction; about 15,000 miles wear on my Spyders.
    Ryker Rally is a wise choice with remote reservoir, adjustable rear KYB performance shock.
    Enjoy.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

I was just speaking with my local dealer here in Idaho and he told me they expect to get a lot of the Rallys in for repairs after the new owners take them off road and smash the front end up. It is not designed to go off road and BRP should do a better job explaining what it can do. It is designed to go on well groomed dirt or gravel roads. Hope this helps you. I'm probably going to get the Rally as we do have a lot of unpaved roads that it will be perfect for.

Spyder Garage

There are several 205/55-15 tires made.
    Here's a link to Tire Rack. I realize you don't have Tire Rack in Austria but it at least gives you some manufacturers to look into.
    https://tires.tirerack.com/tires/205%2055%2015

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

I am getting the Rally. I don;t particularly like the rims. I do prefer the base. But there will be other rim options over time from Can Am and third party.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I am getting the Rally. I don;t particularly like the rims. I do prefer the base. But there will be other rim options over time from Can Am and third party.
    I agree. I expect there will be more aftermarket stuff for the Ryker than for the Spyder, unless the Ryker doesn't sell. And I do not expect that to happen. The Rykder is a much more stripped down, basic format compared to the Spyder, which aftermarket people just love.

Be patient and you are less likely to find yourself going through a number of evolutions to your final destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    I was just speaking with my local dealer here in Idaho and he told me they expect to get a lot of the Rallys in for repairs after the new owners take them off road and smash the front end up. It is not designed to go off road and BRP should do a better job explaining what it can do. It is designed to go on well groomed dirt or gravel roads. Hope this helps you. I'm probably going to get the Rally as we do have a lot of unpaved roads that it will be perfect for.
    I am hoping that no one sees the Ryker as any kind of serious (or even average) off road vehicle. You are right that 'Off Road' in respect to the Ryker means 'Off Pavement'. Anything that I would consider 'Off Road' would be devastating to the Ryker.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-16-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...