Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Seats again which is the most popular

I now have over 900 miles and a sore @@@@. Going to install Motorcycle Dave gel in my seat tomorrow. Just wondering if that doesn’t work what to do. I have the Lamonster back rest and I think I can use a BRP coast to coast or cannonball seat with my backrest.
    Planning a trip to Texas Hill Country to do the 3 Sisters in February and would like to do it with out having to slow our group down.
    Any pros or cons on BRP seats? Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lots of threads about this. Like this one; https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ht=custom+seat
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have motorcycle Dave's gel seat and lamonsters backrest. I can go about 1 and a half hrs at a time. But that is the same as my Russell Daylong seat i had on my RTS. My legs get sore so need to walk around a bit. But gel seat works for me.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Don’t concern yourself with “most popular”, I’m pretty sure your a$$ doesn’t care about popularity! Try to see how many of the different brands you can sit on to see for yourself. I know that I personally don’t like Ultimate or Corbin seats but many others do. I have a Russell Day Long and I love it.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yes thanks, I was hoping someone was familiar with the BRP cannonball or coast to coast seats for options with my already installed backrest and if they are much improvement over stock seats.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by toolie View Post
    Yes thanks, I was hoping someone was familiar with the BRP cannonball or coast to coast seats for options with my already installed backrest and if they are much improvement over stock seats.
    Never heard of them. It would be helpful if you provided a link to them on BRP's website...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I had the Cannonball, it was better than stock but nothing like my Russell Day Long. I can ride 12 or 13 hours get up the next day and do it again. Love my Russell.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Well I now have 1100 miles on my 2017 F3L intense red with black top. I put about 90 miles on Dave’s gel insert this AM. I now know I can’t tour without an air hawk. The two butt bones were good but the oem seat is too short and the front or nose of the seat has a pressure point below the two little boys that is very numbing.
    I then put on a borrowed Air Hawk R and rode about 30 minutes which relieved all pressure points but the damage was already done. So if I tour I will have to alternate seat pads.
    Guess I need to call Russel and see what they can do. If I can get just the driver seat done mabey I can still use my Lamonster backrest.

Spyder Garage

Well I now have 1100 miles on my 2017 F3L intense red with black top. I put about 90 miles on Dave’s gel insert this AM. I now know I can’t tour without an air hawk. The two butt bones were good but the oem seat is too short and the front or nose of the seat has a pressure point below the two little boys that is very numbing.
    I then put on a borrowed Air Hawk R and rode about 30 minutes which relieved all pressure points but the damage was already done. So if I tour I will have to alternate seat pads.
    Guess I need to call Russel and see what they can do. If I can get just the driver seat done mabey I can still use my Lamonster backrest.
    You should still be able to use the lamonsters backrest. Just let them know what you have.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Don’t concern yourself with “most popular”, I’m pretty sure your a$$ doesn’t care about popularity! Try to see how many of the different brands you can sit on to see for yourself. I know that I personally don’t like Ultimate or Corbin seats but many others do. I have a Russell Day Long and I love it.
    I second this. I bought the bike used and love this seat. The stock seat I sat on in the showroom hurt my legs in 5 mins.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Installed motorcycle Dave gel in my seat this am and went for a short ride. It did relieve the area of the 2 butt bones, but moved me foward a little. Will find out more after a little more time time in the saddle.
    The coast to coast and cannonball are F3 accessories.
    549.99 for cc and 569.99 for the cannonball
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Installed motorcycle Dave gel in my seat this am and went for a short ride. It did relieve the area of the 2 butt bones, but moved me foward a little. Will find out more after a little more time time in the saddle.
    The coast to coast and cannonball are F3 accessories.
    549.99 for cc and 569.99 for the cannonball
    Thanks
    Toolie, I tried both the Cannonball and Coast to Coast on my F3-L. They were marginally better than stock (but not much). If you don’t want to throw good money after bad, bite the bullet a get a Russell Daylong. They are custom built for you, and as their name says, you can ride day long. They guarantee all day comfort. If they don’t achieve that first up, Russell will modify them until they do. Have a look at their reviews, which are glowing. I’m not sure why JP only gets 1.5 hours out of his Daylong, unless he hasn’t told Russell of his specific problem with his legs getting sore? .......and as Ann says, forget popularity. We are all different shapes and sizes and have differing riding needs. You might luck out with a particular brand of stock seat, but it is highly likely you won’t.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Toolie, I tried both the Cannonball and Coast to Coast on my F3-L. They were marginally better than stock (but not much). If you don’t want to throw good money after bad, bite the bullet a get a Russell Daylong. They are custom built for you, and as their name says, you can ride day long. They guarantee all day comfort. If they don’t achieve that first up, Russell will modify them until they do. Have a look at their reviews, which are glowing. I’m not sure why JP only gets 1.5 hours out of his Daylong, unless he hasn’t told Russell of his specific problem with his legs getting sore? .......and as Ann says, forget popularity. We are all different shapes and sizes and have differing riding needs. You might luck out with a particular brand of stock seat, but it is highly likely you won’t.

Pete
    Pete Daylong is the best. My butt does not get sore. It's my leg circulation I have trouble with. I just can't stay on a bike or in a car for more than 1-1/2 hours. I need to walk around then.

Spyder Garage

I had an Ultimate and traded with a friend for his Mustang which he got and did not like who wanted an Ultimate. Now we are both happy.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am not seeing what model you have. That information would be helpful.

Currently for my RT's, I have the BRP Comfort seats. Much improved over the OEM.

Previously, I had Corbins on one GS and my 2010 RT. I liked the "support" the Corbin gave.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Someone in the know of surveys should start one to see how many use what seats...
    Comfort
    Corbin
    Russell Day Long
    Ultimate
    Mustang
    Dave's Gel insert
    etc...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with a comment above about most popular not being the most important. I was convinced I wanted a Corbin seat, and loved it when I took if for a test ride for a day. Would recommend it very much. Now that said I found a company, A Stitch On Time, in the Clearwater/St. Pete area that does custom seats. I am SUPER happy with my seat, I want from 20 minutes before I felt like I needed a break to 1.5 hours. What a difference and he covered it in my choice of colors and trim. Down side is he uses your pan, just like Russell Day Long and I was without my bike for about a week and a half. So what I would suggest is do some research on local companies that do custom seats, if they know what they are doing you get a fantastic seat at about the same price as any other after market seat. I made sure they had done a Spyder before I took my bike to them. I have an F3T with the Ultimate Backrest, which he also recovered for me.
    Last edited by Bubalub; 12-03-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    2016 F3-T , Lamonster break pedal extender White

Spyder Garage

That is a good idea Chupaca. I am not the one. They are out there...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

One of the first things I did on previous motorcycles was upgrade to a Mustang Seat. Was never dissatisfied. Haven't taken the plunge yet with my F3. Why? They are expensive, I am retired, and I don't ride very far....not yet anyway.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit