Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TNRyker View Post

I made mine sort of a touring ryker. I ride with my wife from time to time and it handles the weight fantastic, even at highway speeds (80+mph) granted we weight together around 315lbs + 40 to 50lbs in cases and the racks made. I know we are under the limit. I did installed an Elka rear shock and a backrest for the driver. I have to agree with others that the ryker seems to drive better with more weight on it. When I added the side saddle bags It felt like more planted or more stable to me. A real blast to ride. I love this machine.

PS. I am waiting for a Madstad windshield I ordered. Is gonna feel even better with a larger windshield.
    That is one terrific setup! Would like to hear more too on how it was achieved.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I made mine sort of a touring ryker. I ride with my wife from time to time and it handles the weight fantastic, even at highway speeds (80+mph) granted we weight together around 315lbs + 40 to 50lbs in cases and the racks made. I know we are under the limit. I did installed an Elka rear shock and a backrest for the driver. I have to agree with others that the ryker seems to drive better with more weight on it. When I added the side saddle bags It felt like more planted or more stable to me. A real blast to ride. I love this machine.

PS. I am waiting for a Madstad windshield I ordered. Is gonna feel even better with a larger windshield.
    That's a sharp looking machine. Reminds me of "BumbleBee" from the Transformers movie. Let us know if it gets up and decides to take off without you....🐝

Spyder Garage

Is that a rally? Wondering if the 600 would do just as well?
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

Even if you were to modify the Ryker enough to do what you want to do, I would think that what makes the Ryker a more fun ride (for many) would be lost in the modifications and the extra weight. You'd probably want a more powerful engine and a more substantial frame, etc. If only the same company made something that was like a Ryker, but designed to handle two passengers and still perform...
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

reached the 10.000 miles - still absolut no Problems (also my nuts in the wheels are OK - it is a 2018 Modell) - getting colder here, so I installed the "luxury" fairing of the Can-Am Outlander .. works really perfect!
    But the really revolution is to ryde with the higher and wider handlebars - complete new feeling, much much better than the original !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Glad to see your little rockets working for you! Just goes to say with enough time and money, you can do anything!! You should go get a job with BRP!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Love it, Chris! Post some pictures of that fairing. Did it bolt on, or was there fabricated work? Is your saddle stock? Is it comfortable? 10K is terrific! I think 900cc is plenty. You can make it work!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Love it, Chris! Post some pictures of that fairing. Did it bolt on, or was there fabricated work? Is your saddle stock? Is it comfortable? 10K is terrific! I think 900cc is plenty. You can make it work!!
    I love the new handlebars !! much much better handling now ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQs...ature=youtu.be
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Man, you made that Ryker into an awesome looking machine! It's like a Ryker Limited or Ryker RT - LOL. I bet you have a lot of fun on it too! Just riiiiiide!

Spyder Garage

here you see the "relaxed" position of my arms with the higher handlebars .. the fairing looks also good in the coloured Versions ..

Spyder Garage

and here is ..how I fixed the topcase and the seat cushion ... but I still need a higher driver seat now - is cheaper than a new "smaller" passenger( after 36 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5xzeyHToM

Spyder Garage

Default Great Job

You do Great Work. Thanks for the post.

Spyder Garage

I love your bike. What name brand &model of side backs and top case is added to your bike? Also the back rest for driver?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjfrancis View Post
    I love your bike. What name brand &model of side backs and top case is added to your bike? Also the back rest for driver?
    the side case is original, the topcase is from GIVI ..I wanted the one with painted lid (peugeot scooter) the seats are handcrafted ..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    here you see the "relaxed" position of my arms with the higher handlebars .. the fairing looks also good in the coloured Versions ..
    Totally agree with your assessment of having higher handlebars. I replaced mine with just about a 4-5 inch rise and it makes tremendous difference in the comfort.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Hello All, I just got back from a Ryker showing and may be able to help. To start with, I’m about 250lbs. and with me sitting on the Rally Edition with about a 160 lbs passenger, the suspension in the rear was bottomed out. The Rally has the KYB shocks that are adj. and I believe I would be able to make it work just fine as the factory setting was set soft. The problem was the seat was very close to the tire. So if you lower the seat much you may run into clearance issues. Hope this helps. Cueman
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Might be less headache and less money to trade up to something that will safely carry the two of you plus luggage and bags. Just saying-----

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    Totally agree with your assessment of having higher handlebars. I replaced mine with just about a 4-5 inch rise and it makes tremendous difference in the comfort.
    Could you please list the specific handlebars you used (model/source)? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I didn't think it was possible to have passenger seat and driver backrest. Would you please tell us about how you have accomplished this? Thanks

Spyder Garage

This post was started 2018, if you poke around a little Chris has put a couple video's out of this ride he's built up!! He has done a great job of building a touring bike 0ut of a small machine!! Good Job Chris!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This post was started 2018, if you poke around a little Chris has put a couple video's out of this ride he's built up!! He has done a great job of building a touring bike 0ut of a small machine!! Good Job Chris!!
    and she is really fast !! thats the roads here in the Alps, the Ryker is made for trips like that .. (13.000 miles now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzU...mRfav_cbdCAAh8

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback12 View Post
    How did you attach the saddlebags? who makes the saddlebags? who makes the backrest? If you custom made the bracket you would mind sharing the how to steps? Where does the saddlebag mounts bolt on to? If you can share the link thanks.
    Is that the new backrest from slingmods?