Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Alaskan Earthquake...

It looks as if it was a fairly strong one...

https://abc7.com/70-magnitude-quake-...orage/4798554/

Let's hope that everyone is okay.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oh yeah …. 7.0 will get your attention. Grew up less that 1 mile from the San Andreas fault in California and was living in Hollister when the Loma Prieta quake hit (October 1989). 15 seconds of shaking at 7.1 and we were at least 40 miles from the epicenter -- the only quake I have been in that I did not hear first.

Hope everyone is okay as well …. all the best …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hope everyone is OK ….especially AK Spyderman …………...I hope He can get on-line and let everyone know ...sending ...……………...Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My son and his family are unhurt and safe. Where he works in Anchorage is destroyed all roads and bridges into and out of Anchorage are destroyed. But, he and his family are OK. He lives in Palmer, 60 miles north of the quake, but house received much damage. He has to stay in Anchorage tonight because there is no way home. Akspyderman lives between Palmer and Anchorage. Hope they are OK.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    Oh yeah …. 7.0 will get your attention. Grew up less that 1 mile from the San Andreas fault in California and was living in Hollister when the Loma Prieta quake hit (October 1989). 15 seconds of shaking at 7.1 and we were at least 40 miles from the epicenter -- the only quake I have been in that I did not hear first.

Hope everyone is okay as well …. all the best …. Ann
    We also were in the Loma Prieta quake. In San Jose.. minimal damage but----- we had had quite enough of Kalifornia and moved across the boarder to Nevada. AND now----- Kalifornia has moved to Nevada

A big +1 for AKSpyderman.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 11-30-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: speeling
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!!

Lived most of my life in earthquake regions on two continents and have been through many. That one will cause serious damage ...'s to all out that way and hope AKspyderman gets back to us soon....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They mentioned that there was a lot of damage to the infrastructure... Our Alaskan friends might be offline for a while.

EDIT: D is online with us now...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 11-30-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for concerns.

The power for us just came back on.

We were one mile from the epicenter. What a way to get woke up in the morning.

#1 We are safe and uninjured. Even though only 7.0, this was the worst damage we have encountered in my 18 years in Alaska.

Everything came off the shelves and the pictures fell off the walls. Broken glass everywhere. Some structure damage--cracks where I never had them and some door jambs bad.

This one took out parts of the Glenn Hwy--(main) between Anchorage and Chugiak. According to news--overpasses down and some lanes just broke off.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But you're both okay...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 11-30-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

You were my first thought when I heard. Super happy you are ok! ��
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Thanks all for concerns.

#1 We are safe and uninjured. Even though only 7.0, this was the worst damage we have encountered in my 18 years in Alaska.

Everything came off the shelves and the pictures fell off the walls. Broken glass everywhere. Some structure damage--cracks where I never had them and some door jambs bad.

This one took out parts of the Glenn Hwy--(main) between Anchorage and Chugiak. According to news--overpasses down and some lanes just broke off.
    Glad your all good and the first run through only showed little damage. Last big one we were in we lifted the carpeting and found foundation cracks...Keeping fingers crossed there are no lives lost....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    You were my first thought when I heard. Super happy you are ok! ��
    Thank you so much. Yes, this one bit hard. Our confidence is a bit shaken. An hour or so, after the reality took hold, I actually got the shakes. I have since cured that with a good stiff Jamison.

Have not ventured out yet to survey the damage...most stores are still closed, but things are slowly coming back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Glad your all good and the first run through only showed little damage. Last big one we were in we lifted the carpeting and found foundation cracks...Keeping fingers crossed there are no lives lost....
    So far...no lives lost reported.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad you are OK, my friend.

Spyder Garage

Glad you are and yours are SAFE!
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks all for concerns.

Thank you so much. Yes, this one bit hard. Our confidence is a bit shaken. An hour or so, after the reality took hold, I actually got the shakes. I have since cured that with a good stiff Jamison.

Have not ventured out yet to survey the damage...most stores are still closed, but things are slowly coming back.
    I'm glad you are able to check in with us. I'd heard your former governor say they were Ok but their house wasn't. I remembered you were even closer to Anchorage and was worried about you and yours.

So you have the Jamison on hand, but how is your stock of other provisions? It may be a while til you can buy groceries.

Praying for you and all those affected in Alaska.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you and yours are OK. Hopefully no deaths in the state. I know the Spyder didn't tip over but what about you motorcycle???
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Great to hear from you AKSPYDERMAN. When we heard the news I thought of you right away as I knew you were north of Anchorage closer to the epacenter. Take care and say hello to your beautiful lady. We were the Canadians that were with the North To Alaska group and think of you often.
    Roger and Linda
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm glad you are able to check in with us. I'd heard your former governor say they were Ok but their house wasn't. I remembered you were even closer to Anchorage and was worried about you and yours.

So you have the Jamison on hand, but how is your stock of other provisions? It may be a while til you can buy groceries.

Praying for you and all those affected in Alaska.
    Things are slowly coming back to a semblance of "normal." They have modified travel on the Glenn Highway--since parts of it were damaged. Our stock of provisions was not what it should have been. Going to take care of that issue. It is going to take a long time for some to recover fully. We could have been a lot worse off, but by the grace of God, we are pretty good.

Stores are slowly re-opening. Going to try that adventure shortly.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R FUN View Post
    Great to hear from you AKSPYDERMAN. When we heard the news I thought of you right away as I knew you were north of Anchorage closer to the epacenter. Take care and say hello to your beautiful lady. We were the Canadians that were with the North To Alaska group and think of you often.
    Roger and Linda
    Thank you. Linda and I remember you folks well.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Glad to hear that you and yours are OK. Hopefully no deaths in the state. I know the Spyder didn't tip over but what about you motorcycle???
    Two of my wheelchairs from on the shelf toppled unto the motorcycle. I could find no damage to the fender area where they landed. A can of paint came off the shelf and landed on one of the Spyders. Thankfully, the lid stayed on.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad your OK.
    Stay Safe

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks all for concerns.

Glad to hear you guys are ok. Wishing everyone there a quick recovery.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I have a niece who lives near the airport in Anchorage. (she's a pilot for UPS) All the houses near her are "cattywompus". She is unable to open her front door but can get out the back. Gas and water service to her house have been restored but not all her neighbors have that yet. Roads buckled and lots of erosion from broken water mains. Pretty much a mess but no personal injuries. She said the quake was sudden.....like getting hit with a 2X4. Sleep is hard to come by due to all the aftershocks. So happy that our friends and relatives are safe.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have a niece who lives near the airport in Anchorage. (she's a pilot for UPS) All the houses near her are "cattywompus". She is unable to open her front door but can get out the back. Gas and water service to her house have been restored but not all her neighbors have that yet. Roads buckled and lots of erosion from broken water mains. Pretty much a mess but no personal injuries. She said the quake was sudden.....like getting hit with a 2X4. Sleep is hard to come by due to all the aftershocks. So happy that our friends and relatives are safe.....
    Right on and right on. Some nasty road damage over by the airport. Those photos made the national news. And right about the quick and nasty. 2X4 is a good description.

2020 F3L , Magma Red