Spyder Garage

Default new F4 windshield hand wings for F3T and Limited

Has anyone tried these and what is your impression?

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

There are a couple of threads on this already, Tomand. Have a bit of a search for F4 hand wings while you are waiting for responses

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I just found one by accident, Tomand.......
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...NG-AND-LIMITED

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Just ordered these, will let you know about them in about a week, hope they are great

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Joe. I got mine a few days ago. Excellent Quality. Wont be able to try them out till spring comes here in the north.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Joe. I got mine a few days ago. Excellent Quality. Wont be able to try them out till spring comes here in the north.
    That’s just not good enough, JP. Surely there’s a snow plough out there somewhere that you can ride behind

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Received my upper wings this past Saturday. Called Don @ F4 Monday to get a couple things ironed on. Tuesday around 11 am I gathered up the necessary tools and started in on the project. The wings were on the bike and adjusted to my liking by 1:30 pm. I choose to leave the big rubber washer out of the middle in order to get the top of the wing closer to the bottom of the windshield. Don't know if I will leave it this way or not. Hoping for a test run this coming Monday. Temps in the mid to high 30 range---should be a great test although I have no intention of doing a long ride in that kind of weather!!

Part of my conversation with Don centered around my fear of drilling the necessary holes. Don told me it was like drilling thru butter---turns out he was right on the money---super easy!!

Did the upper Wing test today. Started out at 12 noon to the tune of 38* down at the barn. Did a total of 38 miles. Highest speed was 62 MPH indicated which as most know is really 60 MPH. Did that speed for a good 5 mile stretch. The rest of the miles were mostly in the 40’s or 50’s.
    First let me start by saying I am 6’5” tall--leg position 5—have the F4 25” windshield---but use the position “A” handlebar because I like my arms relaxed and bent at the elbow.
    Leaving the house, I travel down the 650’ gravel driveway slowly to the paved road out front, checking everything as I go. Moving onto the pavement, I kick it up to around 25 MPH and I knew that Don had a winner at that point! Moving thru town roads heading for the highway I take it up to 45 MPH. At this point I was smiling happily!! I had turned on the grip heaters when I left and was starting to feel some heat—which also told me I was NOT feeling air flow. There was hardly any air moving over my hands!!!
    So, I make it to the main highway, US 101, head West toward Port Angeles—and kick it up to 60 MPH and set the cruise. Again, no air at my hands, also very little air at my upper arms or shoulder joints. These things block 98% of the air from my hands and upper arm area!! The only reason my hands were not fully warmed up was because it was COLD!! But, as I said, I was feeling some heat from the grips.
    Don, very impressive design and they work great!!!!

20181204_120549 (Small).jpg 20181204_130502 (Small).jpg 20181204_130536 (Small).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bluehole; 12-04-2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Tested Wings
    Bob