Spyder Garage

Question Baffle Suggestions for Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe

I've been hearing that folks are experiencing a tinny sound with the stock baffle that comes with the lamonster pipe, I would like to get some suggestions as to alternatives for a 2018 RT Limited with 2 Brothers pipe. I'm not concerned to much as of yet with the loudness just don't want it to be tinny prefer a low rumble if possible, I would appreciate any any comments on the matter and thanks in advance.

Enjoy your holidays everyone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default This is from another post here on SL.....

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post

"Is there an easy way to make the RTs sound more like a cycle"?

The following was the answer.............

"Simple answer is NO!
    You can make it deeper; you can make it louder; you can give it pop.
    You can make it sound like a Alfa, or a variety of other "inline" sports cars, But it will never ever sound even close to a V Twin".

If you want your spyder to sound like a Harley, it ain't gonna happen. The only thing that will sound like an EVO, is another EVO.......

Spyder Garage

There are basically 2 baffle types out there for use in the Lamonster bypass, their "can-opener" type and the Thunder QQ Baffle.... There are some "honeycomb" style units as well but they require welding in place. I have one in my RLS bypass along with the Thunder QQ (I had to modify it) and it rocks....
    Last edited by hypurone; 11-28-2018 at 05:37 PM.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    There are basically 2 baffle types out there for use in the Lamonster bypass, their "can-opener" type and the Thunder QQ Baffle.... There are some "honeycomb" style units as well but they require welding in place. I have one in my RLS bypass along with the Thunder QQ (I had to modify it) and it rocks....
    I've installed the Cat delete with the can 'can-opener' style, for the 2 bothers pipe also order a P1X tip, are you suggesting a Thunder QQ for the tip that connects to the muffler to add a little more restriction and or change its tone. If the Thunder QQ is suggested which one are you recommending, I know you have had good luck with your testing, and thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

I just put this: https://www.bigcitythunder.com/produ...fles-qbl-1750/ in my 2015 RTL. Makes all the difference in the world versus the cat delete only. I'm running the stock muffler. Talk to Jim, the owner of Big City Thunder. He insisted that I only needed ONE of these baffles (for half the price shown) even though he would be happy to sell me two.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Jetfixer
    Did that QQ need to be welded in? And would it work in my 2018 F3L with the same pipes?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h100250 View Post
    I've installed the Cat delete with the can 'can-opener' style, for the 2 bothers pipe also order a P1X tip, are you suggesting a Thunder QQ for the tip that connects to the muffler to add a little more restriction and or change its tone. If the Thunder QQ is suggested which one are you recommending, I know you have had good luck with your testing, and thanks in advance.

The one listed by Jetfixer is the one. Lamont also sells them singularly.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    Jetfixer
    Did that QQ need to be welded in? And would it work in my 2018 F3L with the same pipes?
    No. You'll drill one small hole through the cat delete pipe and attach it with the included screw. Use a drop of red Loktite. Should be the same pipe. I actually have the cat delete from Spyder 1 Attitude not Lamonster's. Install only took a couple of minutes.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Well After speaking with Jacob of 'Lamonster Garage' and Big City Thunder I decided to use two baffles the can opener and the QQ for the Two Brothers with a P1X tip also. I finally got it all together and wow it actually sounds pretty good not loud either but definitely deeper than the 'wispy' stock. I'm pleased got the tone I want and the sound level, its only slightly louder but not by much, that P1X tip took the last bit of noise away.

Spyder Garage

Finally got to ride Spyder yesterday after installing new Pipe/Baffle combo: Oh Wow this thing rips, pulling out the drive way a touch of gas and the real wheel is spinning up and the nanny kicking in never happened like this before. Pull out into traffic this thing wants to go with just a touch of throttle, so I jump on the highway and look down What 90 already and it kept climbing with intent until I saw a trooper on the side of the road so had to shut it down! Yeah I know behave yourself. Pulls me over and no ticket was just shocked I was doing 114 he was nice about and told me to be careful and slow it down I caught a break and I don't normally do stuff like this

Spyder Garage

Reviving an old thread. What inner diameter QQ baffle did you all use on the cat delete pipe? The link above no longer works, but I'm thinking it is this one .. https://bigcitythunder.com/collectio...monster-baffle Thanks

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Reviving an old thread. What inner diameter QQ baffle did you all use on the cat delete pipe? The link above no longer works, but I'm thinking it is this one .. https://bigcitythunder.com/collectio...monster-baffle Thanks
    Just a cautionary note on judging your new sound. I installed a RLS cat delete on my 2020RT, without the baffle. It is slightly louder than before, but isn't objectionable. Lost some fuel mileage. The caution is to evaluate the sound while riding and not when you rev the engine while standing still. Mine is a little throatier when riding and that's fine. If I rev it while stationary, it sounds like one of the hopped up rice-burner cars -- tinny and awful.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol