Spyder Garage

Default What exhaust do I buy for alittle more sound?

I know, I know. This has been asked a lot of times, just like what kind of oil to use or how much air for the tires. My question of all F3Limited owners is, what manufacture do I buy from that makes the exhaust somewhat louder but not too over whelming? Did you remove the primary muffler or just replace the secondary muffler? Also what manufacture you bought from and why? Were you pleased with the sound after the farkle? Thanks for all that give me your recommendations.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one....

They're your ears and they may not like the sound mine do. I would start with removing the CAT and that will give you a nicer tone without going to loud. You will need the cat delete pipe. After that I would go to YouTube and listen to all the sound there even if they are not exact they do come close. My pipe of choice is the Yoshimura....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with chupaca’s comment as well to look online for video clips but it boils down to your desired sound and budget. I chose spydermanexhaust because he was at the Spyder in the hills event and I absolutely loved the sound, quality of work and his prices.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

We ride an RT, but very happy with the muffler we got from RLS exhaust. The stock CAT stays on. We tried Lamont's CAT delete pipe but didn't like the "tinny" sound and the fumes, so we went back to stock CAT and put on the RLS muffler for a bit more sound and a deeper tone, and no fumes.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    They're your ears and they may not like the sound mine do. I would start with removing the CAT and that will give you a nicer tone without going to loud. You will need the cat delete pipe. After that I would go to YouTube and listen to all the sound there even if they are not exact they do come close. My pipe of choice is the Yoshimura....
    I did remove the CAT on my 2015 RTS and installed Lamonster's CAT delete pipe and it did give me a little more rumble, but it also gave me a tinny sound which I did not like. So trying the CAT delete on my 2017 F3L would probably give me the same results. So I'm more looking into buying a new secondary muffler. I have looked at RLS exhausts and I do like a few for the F3.

Mazo. How long have you had the RLS exhaust installed and how is it holding up. Any problems? Which one did you go with for your RT?

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

We had it installed at Spyderfest '18, so it's been on all summer and holding up just fine. I'd say we have about 5000 miles on it and it seems to be just like new. They're not cheap, but the install took about 10 minutes, plus about 5 minutes of idling for the computer to adjust to it. We really like it. Our friends bought one at 'Fest while we were roaming around. Found them in the crowd and he said "hey come listen to our bike".....I bought one an hour later. Very happy with it. I think there may be a bit of performance improvement, but the gas mileage didn't change at all.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i have the Tailgunner exhaust on mine, love the sound of it & all the comments of people who like watching it.
    here is a video of it on my 2013 RT i since traded for a 2014 RT Limited & kept the tailgunner & its on the 2014 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7KOmzXCh7g
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had the tailgunner on my 16 RTS, liked the sound but could never get the spin to work correctly, always had to keep oiling it. Now it doesn't look like you can buy them for the spyder anymore. all their websites are down for spyders.
    I now have a 18 F3 Limited and am waiting on a dual HD all in one exhaust from spyder1attitude to arrive. Loved the sound on the sound clips and love the look, but still waiting for it to arrive.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You just need the right passenger...

...with a Trombone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UotZ_ZLB5A
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the Big Gun from RLS Exhaust. I got the exhaust pipe first and it was a little louder than the stock with a deeper tone. Then I got the RLS CAT delete to go with it. It's now much louder, but a bit raspy. I am going to have him add baffles to it to see if that will quiet it down just a bit and take some of the raspy tone out of it. If you are just wanting a little louder and deeper, RLS Exhaust is great.

This is with just the exhaust.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9fH_D_LwOE

This is with the exhaust and the CAT delete. It's much louder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us82cX2i0xs
    2016 F3-T

Places I've ridden.

Spyder Garage

Stupid question, other than cost, why not just go with a Can Am Akrapovic setup. Everyone of those seems to have a sweet tone and certainly will fit without issue.

Spyder Garage

My 2 cents worth because it is truly your ears. I have the same RLS muffler that Mazo has , it sounds unbelievable...... I've always been asked about the sound, wherever I go.
    I've had mine for a little over a year and about 8000 miles and it looks new. I have the Punisher long on my RT. Give RLS exhaust a try, great guy to deal with......Have fun

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I know, I know. This has been asked a lot of times, just like what kind of oil to use or how much air for the tires. My question of all F3Limited owners is, what manufacture do I buy from that makes the exhaust somewhat louder but not too over whelming? Did you remove the primary muffler or just replace the secondary muffler? Also what manufacture you bought from and why? Were you pleased with the sound after the farkle? Thanks for all that give me your recommendations.
    One thing you might consider is, if there is a local spyder group meet up with them one day and see what exhaust they have and talk to them personally and hear it for yourself. Reason I'm suggesting this is all this stuff is not cheap and getting it right the first time around is a winner, this board is full of comments of people who bought exhaust and then regretted the particular one chosen there are choices.

Take your time bottom line its your wallet let that be your guide!

Spyder Garage

Just leave it stock and save your hearing, my hearing and our environment. Give the money to charity to help the vets.
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    Just leave it stock and save your hearing, my hearing and our environment. Give the money to charity to help the vets.
    As much as I prefer a stock exhaust system: it's the O.P's. choice to make...
    Just as it would be your choice to not ride with them: if it was too loud for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black