Thread: ryker screen

Spyder Garage

Default ryker screen

i ride a rt ltd with a big screen to stop wind buffetting.is there any screen options for the ryker for the ones that still want protection,

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

EFCEC46F-995C-4CCF-82DD-51479C1DC00A.jpg
    There it is and it’s adjustable.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I'm not jumping up-and-down about its looks. How about you?

Spyder Garage

Not sure anything will look great on the Ryker? I'm hoping it just blocks the air flow off the head/helmet- I don't mind side wind.
    If you look carefully there are 4 holes for screws that you can fit another slightly larger windshield BUT I would be cautious as to how much weight the display will support?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seems to work well and is adjustable without tools. The aftermarket will come up with something.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I love the way the Ryker looks but a bit concerned about being seen by drivers. Our Spyders are highly visible (especially w my Spyderpops LED Bumpskid). But Ryker is lower to the ground, darker w smaller lights. Guessing they will need some LED’s to increase visibility. And riders should wear high visibility gear. IMO. But even considering that.... I still want one!

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I love the way the Ryker looks but a bit concerned about being seen by drivers. Our Spyders are highly visible (especially w my Spyderpops LED Bumpskid). But Ryker is lower to the ground, darker w smaller lights. Guessing they will need some LED’s to increase visibility. And riders should wear high visibility gear. IMO. But even considering that.... I still want one!
    I already bought Alpena Super Bright Red 12 inch led strips I am simply going to Posi-Tap into the front fender light wires and the 12 inch led will run down each back of front fender and be both running and turn as the fender lights are. I'm sure TricLed will come up with one.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it....

This a new model and the aftermarket guys still have not gotten thier hands on them. Soon as that happens and depending on sales they will jump in with both feet. Need to give them a chance though they are already getting a start on them....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm going to try running with no windshield for a while and see how that goes (if I buy one). I just have the short stock shield on my RS and that's fine.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    You can light them up like a Christmas ( which of course works better in the dark ), but imho the people who hit veh's isn't because you aren't noticeable. It's because there heads are very far up their ***'s. These folks also hit trac. trl's , cement trks, snow-plows and Fire Trucks with all their lights and sirens going...……...ride safe - ride happy ……….Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You can light them up like a Christmas ( which of course works better in the dark ), but imho the people who hit veh's isn't because you aren't noticeable. It's because there heads are very far up their ***'s. These folks also hit trac. trl's , cement trks, snow-plows and Fire Trucks with all their lights and sirens going...……...ride safe - ride happy ……….Mike
    LOL Mike, so true! I don’t know what scares me more, the “Texters” Drunk Drivers or deer strikes! One day I was driving on the expressway and saw another driver reading a book....actually had a thick novel type book opened on his steering wheel. Smh.

Spyder Garage

I turned my early GS(2008) and RS(2009) into RT's--before they were invented. Not easy--because aftermarket parts were few, far between, and very expensive. I had $23K into $15K machines. Many here did the same.

It remains to be seen how far this will go with the Ryker. A very inexpensive (compared to the Spyder line), machine. I am not going to bite. Already have the "full blown" versions.

I am thinking that most will leave them pretty much "stock" as far as touring gear goes. One saddlebag still seems a bit strange to me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My buddy wants to preorder one w all the bells and whistles. I keep telling him to just get the Ryker he wants (600cc/Rally etc) just a matter of time before aftermarket parts come out, and will most likely be made w better material and cheaper. And I’m curious to see what the people who lease plan on doing. Can’t really upgrade a leased machine, unless it has option to buy. I can’t wait to see it in person. Think my dealer gets one in a week or so.

Spyder Garage

ok thanks everyone for input.your right the after market guys will already be watching and planning one.

Spyder Garage

Whenever I build my Ryker up (which is almost every other day, lol) I always add the lighted hand protectors to the equation. I like the idea of additional lights higher up off the street, figuring that they will be more visible. Also, being on the hand area, they will/should be visible from the sides.

In addition to that, I am expecting the aftermarket companies to jump in with additional options.