Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    He already explained his problem in a similar thread and it has been resolved. This one is redundant.
    This thread was different when the Original Post went up, & is probably even more warranted now than it was before..... There is an attachment in the original post that I suspect only a few of us got to see & comment upon; I'd guess that anything or maybe everything since about post #5 may or may not be referring to it, flippantly or otherwise.

The OP still showed as having an attachment that we couldn't see any more just a moment ago, and quoting or previewing the Original Post/any reply/quote etc doesn't show it any more either!! My earlier post here quoted it, & that post of mine still shows as having the attachment in it. So the problem NOW might just be a little different to that the OP originally referred to in this thread, altho it may have occurred because he's deleted some attachments as the result of his OTHER problem thread, but there definitely IS a problem in this thread; one which is highlighted by THIS particular thread in a way I haven't seen any other threads address!? Even if that might not be what was originally intended with this thread.....

Sooo, for my 2 bob, until this is clarified, I'd be careful removing old attachments from your user file - doing that could well make your old posts & possibly entire threads meaningless &/or confusing, which might make the Forum not much more helpful than faceache!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-27-2018 at 04:15 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote's wont show attachments & yes this was already posted about, i can make the attachment display in a quote, but then that leaves "delete notices" for the registered usergroup, which members complained about & yes that was already posted about as well.

Lamont allowed his users to delete their own threads/posts & attachments, which he never should have, for these obvious reasons.

Technically the threads & posts are only hidden from the user, thats why users where seeing the deletion notices, attachments are another thing tho, as pointed out, doing so can make a post completely useless.

Also note, the first post in this thread has nothing to do with him deleting his attachments, it was also discussed in anotehr thread as to why his first post was blank.
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 11-27-2018 at 05:14 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Here's an idea. How about pulling this thread since it was a mistake in the first place? The less clutter on the forum, the better, I think.
    That could be said about a lot of threads! But to each his own opinion, I sort of enjoyed it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue