Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARNING re: Powerlet website

In my earlier post I said Powerlet is kaput, but the website seemed to still be running. In checking things out I went through the process of ordering an item, but did not complete the transaction. This is where my failing memory is really aggravating. I may have input my Amex card # into the checkout form, but I can't remember. Damn! Anyway, yesterday there were two charges to my Amex card from some PayPal merchant but no name is shown. Today I got alerts about two charges from Canadian companies so I called Amex CS. While I was talking to him a third charge from Canada came through. My last two legitimate charges were at NAPA last week and Staples online this morning. I don't remember using my card anywhere between the two, except possibly my test of Powerlet site.

I really think that in visiting the Powerlet website someone captured my Amex card #. Tonight, in checking things again at Powerlet Firefox stopped me from getting to the payment page with the notice of it having an incorrectly configured certificate.

My recommendation is DO NOT GO to www.powerlet.com. Especially, do not attempt to buy anything from there.

It's a mess. The Powerlet name has been officially terminated, but the FB page and website are still up and running. Something doesn't smell right! Maybe it violated some sort of FB rule about making demeaning posts of a company.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 11-23-2018 at 12:32 AM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Just for grins i went anyway. Note that any contact number either rings busy, and I called at 10:30 pm pacific, or says the number is no longer in service.

Id stay Way from the zombie site that looks like it has been taken over by scammers
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

It's a reminder for those who go into the whole cyber Monday. They will be lurking all over the net trying to get your number.... it's hunting season for them. Shame they had some good deals...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black