Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I apologize for the repeat pics. I have some more, but it took me so long to get this far that I need a break. LOL cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I didn’t say “without any profit”. As a consumer, I have the right to seek and negotiate my best deal. Dealer has the right to accept, denie, or the opportunity to negotiate their best deal. This is America, the country I love. Regards, cueman
    I agree 100%.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Sweet cueman very nice how did the army green look up close did I make the right choice what was your overall thoughts of the Ryker

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They had loud music and colored lights and I could not tell that wasn’t just black. Upon up close inspection I could tell it was the beautiful green with the star. Yes, you made the correct decision IMO. I sat on both the Rally and the regular 900. I weigh about 250lbs. and I could definitely tell the Rally’s suspension with the KYB adj. shocks is the way to go. I kinda jumped around and stood up on the pegs and gave the Ryker a good shaking and it felt surprisingly tight & right. The Single sided swing arm was also tight & right as I grabbed the rear tire and gave it a good shaking and no slop or play. IMHO this thing is a stout little bugger. What I didn’t like were the foot pegs. I like the adjustability, just not the pegs. An easy fix though, with something like the Fast Way pegs I had on my BMW. If I had to think of something else that I was not crazy about it would be the hand grips were too small diameter for my big hands. They did not start the engine so I can’t speak to that. I would have loved to put it through its paces but didn’t have the opportunity. Any other questions just ask. I’ll do my best to give honest answers IMO. cueman

Spyder Garage

sweet
    Last edited by Winnex3; 12-01-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

I signed the papers on a Rally model in yellow shock today. I added the top case and windshield and my final price was $12,344.17 OTD; including all taxes and fees. The dealer said it was the first one he had sold and discounted both the bike and accessories from MSRP.

Ryker Rally $10,534
    Top case $179
    Wind screen $179

Freight $350
    Set up $170

Tax, Title, Inspection and License $932.17
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Went in today to put a deposit down on a Rally. Final numbers
    Rally - 10500
    Freight -640
    Setup - 200
    Fees/titles - 309
    Tax - 587

I think I should check a couple of other dealers. Based on what I see from others here, my freight and setup is high…
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wijames View Post
    Went in today to put a deposit down on a Rally. Final numbers
    Rally - 10500
    Freight -640
    Setup - 200
    Fees/titles - 309
    Tax - 587

I think I should check a couple of other dealers. Based on what I see from others here, my freight and setup is high…
    This isn't about the Ryker , but about the freight and set-up fee's …. I bought a new RT … I paid NO fee's and NO freight …. also No Title or Tax because I was registering it in My home State - VT...………….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I put down a deposit yesterday on a 900, no freight or PDI just licence and tax.
    2019 F3S , Blue

Spyder Garage

I was thinking the freight and setup was high. Looks like I might need to shop around a little. I have 5 dealers within 2 hours of my house.

Spyder Garage

Having worked in the industry up til 2012, I will not pay retail, if I can't get at least a couple hundred off and no junk fees (freight,prep documentation etc..), I'm out, it's just another toy and I already have plenty. Thankfully, I'm in good standing with my local Can Am dealer and know the guys well, I'm pretty sure they'll take care of me, I've bought at least 5 bikes from them.

Spyder Garage

I got my Ryker for MSRP + $50. No set up or delivery fees. Taxes and title I paid to the DMV.

Spyder Garage

The dealer in my area has 50 Rykers on order, and I was put on the list to get a call when they are delivered and I can look at one in person.

Route 3A Motorsports in Chelmsford MA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    The dealer in my area has 50 Rykers on order, and I was put on the list to get a call when they are delivered and I can look at one in person.

Route 3A Motorsports in Chelmsford MA
    my dealer ordered 46 I was the first to put a deposit on one a rally that was back in October 8th mine has still not came in and I have not seen one In person yet I was told maybe next week ��all I can do is just wait it out and keep reading everyone’s reviews can’t wait for it to show up

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man, I feel for ya Winnex. Hope you get it soon! Even if you can't Ryde it you can still have fun like I do, looking at it and adjusting it to fit and planning all the farkles you need to make it your own. cueman

Spyder Garage

Man, I feel for ya Winnex. Hope you get it soon! Even if you can't Ryde it you can still have fun like I do, looking at it and adjusting it to fit and planning all the farkles you need to make it your own. cueman
    thanks cueman keep up with the good reviews it sounds like you have no regrets and you love it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been sick for over a week now and haven’t even been playing with it much. I still think about it daily and hope the weather and my health get better so I can fully enjoy my Flying Monkey. Yes, I would buy it again. The smiles per miles is a wonderful thing. So is this forum! cueman

Spyder Garage

I just put a deposit on a Ryker Rally today. $10,200 plus tax & tags, no dealer prep or freight. I may add a couple of accessories before I take delivery though.

Spyder Garage

I have been sick for over a week now and haven’t even been playing with it much. I still think about it daily and hope the weather and my health get better so I can fully enjoy my Flying Monkey. Yes, I would buy it again. The smiles per miles is a wonderful thing. So is this forum! cueman
    Get well my friend

Spyder Garage

As mentioned before the dealer I went thru back home said they are only making a couple of hundred on each bike, That would be nice but sincerely doubt iy.
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

10200 is a good deal. I ended up going to the dealer about 30 miles away. I got it for MSRP plus 100 in fees and they are going to drop it off at my house. They also offered 10% off accessories so I put down a deposit today on a Rally. Was also able to test drive one and I loved it. I was doing fishtails in the parking lot within minutes, the Ryker is going to get me in trouble. i should have gone to this dealer originally. When I walked in the guy remembered me from when my wife took the Can Am class and was easy to work with. I am still trying to see if I can get them to switch wheels with a 900 for me. I do not like the look of the Rally wheels but it was not a deal breaker.

Spyder Garage

how long is the 2-year warranty promo good for?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    When ever I run across the title of a thread on any forum that is similar to this one or conveys the same thinking as this one, it bugs me.

What is really being asked is, sell me a, fill in the blank, but with out any profit............but still provide service or warranty requirements or???

How is a dealer supposed to stay in business? There is a lot more to buying a _________ than getting the cheapest price. I am not saying let any seller gouge you, but working with a dealer is a two way street. Dealers that don't understand this should go by the wayside. Potential customers should understand this as well.

Just my $.02 worth after being involved since the early 70's
    Agreed. Everyone needs to turn a profit to stay in business. I generally don't mind paying full price (including the setup/prep fees), as long as the dealer is REALLY doing their job in those respects. Dealer selection and trust is the real issue... not the lowest dollar deal to be found. It's a case of penny-wise, pound-foolish.

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMotard View Post
    Agreed. Everyone needs to turn a profit to stay in business. I generally don't mind paying full price (including the setup/prep fees), as long as the dealer is REALLY doing their job in those respects. Dealer selection and trust is the real issue... not the lowest dollar deal to be found. It's a case of penny-wise, pound-foolish.

--
    QM
    Another obvious point that I'll make, and then shut up is this... regarding the "service and warranty requirements" bit above. [My nerves are a little raw on the subject right now because of recent issues purchasing my Ryker]

Those dealers aren't working for free, so I take exception to that point. They are reimbursed by the manufacturer for recall/warranty work, so don't kid yourself there. We usually end up paying for the "freight and setup fees" somehow, somewhere. Any other routine maintenance issues are paid our of the customer's pocket, so again... the dealer isn't working for free.

The sales side pays for the salesmen, office staff, operating costs, and other general business overhead. The more that the dealer can make on the sale, then the more they can pour into THEIR business or employees. The only benefit the customer gets out of that arrangement is dealer stability and (hopefully) a better experience with the purchase/service/lather-rinse-repeat cycle.

Our wholesale consumer mentality makes us instinctively shop for the cheapest possible deal. The cheapest deal isn't always the right (best) one. It's give and take, quid pro quo.

--
    QM