Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Any dealers selling Rykers less than MSRP w/ no setup or freight fees?

Like the title says, any super deals out there? cueman

Spyder Garage

Good luck with that one. If someone answers to the affirmative--IMO--I will be surprised.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I,m have my $250 deposit for the $10,000 and $635 Tax Only No Freight or Prep BUT I can,t guarantee the Same for others because the dealer says it takes 2 hours to prep or more if they do not know what their doing? The deposit will cover Title Plate/Reg and office fees so I'm OK with that. My dealer is getting 10 in December I so far I'm the ONLY one taking one- Most will wait till March or April?
    Last edited by Sarge707; 11-21-2018 at 03:21 PM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Sarge, did you also get the second year warranty included? Thanks, cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Hi Sarge, did you also get the second year warranty included? Thanks, cueman
    Yes -If you put the $250 Deposit before 31 Jan 2019 the dealer fills out the certificate for the warranty. Second year Best warranty.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Good luck with that one. If someone answers to the affirmative--IMO--I will be surprised.
    ...……… The profit margin on the Rykers has to be much, much smaller than any other Spyder.... You might get lucky and have free prep thrown in ………….jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

2018-10-28_LI (2).jpg Ryker rally starts at 1099.00 im getting mine for 10499 plus no set up fees and a dealers discount on army green panels had to put 500.00 down still i feel im getting a good deal
    Last edited by Winnex3; 11-21-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Winnex3, Now that's what I'm talking about. Would you mind posting the dealer name and number? If not will you pm me the info? We are practically neighbors. cueman

Spyder Garage

From experience of previously worrking at a medium size dealership, and knowing from talking with friends that own bicycle shops, no dealer enjoys being forced to purchase oem branded items such as gear, accessories or vehicles.

There have been several mentions the Can Am has forced dealers to inventory Rykers.

The dealers, I suspect are hesitant as they are somewhat of an unknown. The key being if the bike is a hot item, prices will hold, if the Ryker is a dud, dealers will dump them ASAP to free up money for stuff that does sell easily.

Seems if you preorder, you can work a deal. Any dealer holding out for full price on an unknown is risking being stuck with what is at the moment a known sale, albeit at less profit. Smart dealer knows, Spyder consume floor space and more storage space than motorcycles. If they can sell one without holding it in inventory, even at at a discount, the dealer should jump on it.

Same happens with oem gear. Smart dealers dump it ASAP and then stock aftermarket brands with better margins and salable to any rider regardless of brand they ride.

My good friend that owns a bicycle shop, when he was a Cannondale dealer, they mandated how much accessory inventory he was required to stock, and pay for. Manufacturers often set minimum price limits, thinking they were protecting dealers. Every year, on opening day when minimum pricing expired, he blew out stuff on EBay, simply to recover as much of his stalled investment as possible.

Dealers being forced to stock Rykers, if they are hot, they will sell, if they are duds in your area, deals may be made.

Living in South Florida, I suspect Rykers will be popular for high end families wanting an easy get around the local area toy to ride. Not sure how they will fair as daily drivers for enthusiasts. I can see the Ryker being the entry level more serious motorcycle for those stepping up from a scooter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    2018-10-28_LI (2).jpg Ryker rally starts at 1099.00 im getting mine for 10499 plus no set up fees and a dealers discount on army green panels had to put 500.00 down still i feel im getting a good deal
    Smart move by your dealer. Make the customer happy. Do not stall invested money. Not taking up floor space or warehouse space. Move the inventory before it arrives, even at minimum profit.

Dealers that do this may deplete their inventory, however, other dealers will hold out for max profit, and possibly dealers with no inventory left can get those stagnant Rykers if needed.

Then again, maybe the market will consume all of them.

Spyder Garage

I have taken my "comedy tour" live. I either go to dealerships or contact them via phone or internet.

I say comedy tour because I end up making them laugh.

I live in Virginia and I include all those pesky Virginia charges

8499.00 20189 Can Am Ryker 600
    352.71 Sales and Use tax (4.15% on 8499)
    28.75 Registration/Tags
    15.00 Title
    12.00 State Inspection

8907.46 Total before any reasonable amount for markup

I am realistic, I know I am not going to be paying 8907.46, but come on, dealers, you be realistic also - quid pro quo!

I guess the big question is, what is reasonable/realistic?

Thank you, one and all, for reading my rant.

Spyder Garage

I'm going to be interested to see how my local dealership will do with Rykers because they are notorious for not giving one thin dime, one tenth of a dollar off MSRP on Spyders, even loaded Ltds.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    That's A good deal- I see they gave you $35 off the color and the Fees Reg/Lic were very reasonable. After I get mine home and buy the Windshield-Hand Guards and covers the next day for $335 I am going to expect at Least my standard 10% off on parts because they are going to make a killing on the accessories . The nice thing is going from Red to Yellow is only $210 for the console (2) Hood (1) and Behind the seat (1) and that's a LOT cheaper than the $1600 it cost me to go from Black to Yellow on my F3. The "Relatively" inexpensive accessories will bring them GOOD $$$.

Will they sell Out??? OR will you get one for $1,000-1,500 off Next Fall will be interesting for sure?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...……… The profit margin on the Rykers has to be much, much smaller than any other Spyder.... You might get lucky and have free prep thrown in ………….jmho ….. Mike
    A dealer told me $ 400.00 per unit with a $ 10,000.00 buy in for the display. Also required to maintain certain stock.
    Last edited by Saluda; 11-23-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My dealer said the margin was thin on the Rykers, they will make it up on the accessories.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'm going to the Ryker show tomorrow in Pittsburg and if I like what I see, I'm buying the Rally Edition. cueman

Spyder Garage

Reminder: It did not happen without a picture or three.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not sure if I can post pics here, but I'll try.

Spyder Garage

man i wish i could go take a lot of picks and let us know what you think Rally Edition all the way

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank You Winnex3, You are the one that hooked me up with the dealer that gave me a super deal! I will take pictures tonight and if I can't figure out how to post them I will find somebody that can. It may take me a day or two to find a younger and smarter person to help. LOL cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When ever I run across the title of a thread on any forum that is similar to this one or conveys the same thinking as this one, it bugs me.

Any dealers selling Rykers less than MSRP w/ no setup or freight fees?
    What is really being asked is, sell me a, fill in the blank, but with out any profit............but still provide service or warranty requirements or???

How is a dealer supposed to stay in business? There is a lot more to buying a _________ than getting the cheapest price. I am not saying let any seller gouge you, but working with a dealer is a two way street. Dealers that don't understand this should go by the wayside. Potential customers should understand this as well.

Just my $.02 worth after being involved since the early 70's
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn’t say “without any profit”. As a consumer, I have the right to seek and negotiate my best deal. Dealer has the right to accept, denie, or the opportunity to negotiate their best deal. This is America, the country I love. Regards, cueman