Spyder Garage

Default Emissions question

Just sold a Goldwing F6B because it was getting to be too heavy for me to handle at slow speeds. Looking at Spyders. Are Spyders 50 state vehicles or are there California versions and 49 state versions.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Hi Dave,
    I believe they are all ( 50 state ) machines.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

The EPA Compliance Label is located under the seat. I found a CARB certification for 2016 for the 1330 engine, online.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad...330_0d8_hn.pdf

Spyder Garage

Spyders are certified for all 50 states. From what I have seen posted previously, don't try to bring in one from out of state--either new or used. They will have you jumping through hoops that you don't want to.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-21-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default What they said....

Agree with the above but would add not to buy outside of california and then bring it in....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Agree with the above but would add not to buy outside of california and then bring it in....
    .... I have had some concerns about how Calif. regulates Spyders ( maybe all new vehicles ) …. Cailf. PROHIBITS residents from registering NEW Spyders bought in other States. They do allow used Spyders to be registered if they have 7500 miles on the odometer. ( not positive on that mileage it might be 5000 miles ). I think this may be a violation of FREE trade clauses in Interstate commerce, but I'm not a lawyer and don't really have a dog in that fight ...……………...Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, call DMV or go to their web site and get the rules on buying used out-of-state motorcycles and registering them in Kalifornia.

Spyder Garage

California does require the vehicle to have 7500 miles on the odometer to be registered in the State if it is not CARB compliant. I have brought several bikes into the State. Goldwings are 50 state bikes so no problem. I once bought a bike in San Diego that came in from a Navy guy relocated to California. The dealer hooked the bike up to an electric motor and ran the odometer (cable driven from the front wheel) up to 7500 miles and I drove it away.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... I have had some concerns about how Calif. regulates Spyders ( maybe all new vehicles ) …. Cailf. PROHIBITS residents from registering NEW Spyders bought in other States. They do allow used Spyders to be registered if they have 7500 miles on the odometer. ( not positive on that mileage it might be 5000 miles ). I think this may be a violation of FREE trade clauses in Interstate commerce, but I'm not a lawyer and don't really have a dog in that fight ...……………...Mike
    Commiefornia tried that and lost in court. The 7500 mile requirement is for "new" vehicles, a method used by people to avoid the high costs for purchasing new vehicles within the state, as well as CARB requirements.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6