Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I have suggested that you use the "Subscribed threads" function to completely eliminate your pain.
    But it seems that nobody is listening.

There IS a solution.
    Or do you just enjoy complaining.

Not nice to bite the hand that feeds you.
    See post #6 above. You quoted me out of context. You should use all of a quote or none--IMO.
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 11-20-2018 at 05:22 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I had only one problem with the upgrade, and now that it has been explained how to preview my post, it is fine for me. I feel the whole problem has to do with being comfortable with the old, and having to learn the new.
    That's true. But the changes made to the forum don't seem to enhance anything for the users. So, having to go to the trouble of learning something seems like trouble with no benefit.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 11-19-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    That's true. But the changes made to the forum don't seem to enhance anything for the users. So, having to go to the trouble of learning something seems like trouble with no benefit.
    Re "trouble with no benefit" …. well, maybe. Until you consider what could have happened if the SW upgrades were not done …. so the benefit is that we still have Spyderlovers (changed though it may be).

All the best …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

I am obviously coming from a position of computer ignorance. The alphabet explanations may as well have been written in a foreign language as far as I am concerned. But I do appreciate that something is happening to continue the forum system when the existing system dies. I have now discovered the "todays posts" catagory and think my inept computer skills can make that work for me. I do appreciate the efforts and now have a better understanding why these changes are happening. My original question on this post was asked in an honest and (hopefully) respectful manner. Although I don't understand all the technical jargen, I now understand the reason for the needed change. My question has been answered. I can deal with it. Thank you. Life goes on.....

(and my new wife is MUCH better than all my old ones)
    Last edited by canamjhb; 11-20-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Again, you can ignore the details Anthony provided, but the choice was essentially between continuing to have the forum or discontinuing it.

The latter would seem to be trouble with no benefit, so I'm good with the change.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have now discovered the "todays posts" catagory and think my inept computer skills can make that work for me. I do appreciate the efforts and now have a better understanding why these changes are happening.
    Oh, I didn't see the Today's Posts link until you mentioned it. Very cool!

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhern View Post
    Again, you can ignore the details Anthony provided, but the choice was essentially between continuing to have the forum or discontinuing it.

The latter would seem to be trouble with no benefit, so I'm good with the change.
    I'm not ignoring anything. I applaud Anthony's efforts to maintain the forum.
    Nevertheless, I stand by my original statement.
    Changes to software that require a learning curve are a waste of effort unless there is also an enhancement to the users experience.
    A new feature doesn't have to negate a current feature.
    The fault lies in the mindset of the software developers, not the forum administers.
    The software developers have lost site of their customers needs.
    As an extreme example think, "Windows 8" that killed PC sales for a year.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I used to maintain a web forum for a local but higher-end fish tackle and bait shop. If you think Spyder owners can't tolerate change...well you haven't seen anything until fisherman go through a software upgrade. It was probably the most successful and popular forum for fishing for my area at the time. It was sad when the owner closed the forum due to too many divisive and off-topic discussions as well as a low return in investment. However, I don't miss the stress of maintaining software where upgrades didn't go well and took several backups to ensure the upgrade didn't forever kill the website.

One thing ThreeWheels to consider. The only thing worse than a software upgrade is the lack of software upgrades. Nothing worse than running a website with buggy, insecure software, or outdated code...and the software developers have abandoned the software. Using your analogy, there are worse things than Windows 8...like Windows ME and Windows Vista!
    Last edited by BryanSD; 11-20-2018 at 07:47 AM.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    As resistant to change as many of us old farts are supposed to be, I like the changes.
    What changes Jay? Just fun ya a little.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    One thing ThreeWheels to consider. The only thing worse than a software upgrade is the lack of software upgrades. Nothing worse than running a website with buggy, insecure software, or outdated code...and the software developers have abandoned the software. Using your analogy, there are worse things than Windows 8...like Windows ME and Windows Vista!
    I'm sorry, I know I'm like a dog on a bone here.
    Windows 7 was far better than ME and Vista.
    I know there are all kinds of "Under The Hood" improvements that Windows 8 added, but it was at the expense of the user experience.
    Just as I am sure there are new under the hood improvements to forum.

I remember working with Xerox in the 80s.
    Whenever they built a new copier, they put it in the lobby and grabbed people in the street and offered them $5.00 to try and make copies on the new machine.
    If strangers couldn't walk up to the machine and figure out how to make copies, they sent it back to engineering to have the controls redesigned to be simpler.

Maybe others lives are simpler, but with all the myriad of devices and computer programs I use, I just don't enjoy the effort to relearn something I was already familiar with.
    Here at work, we fought the change from Office 2003 to Office 2010, because of the steep learning curve, and the loss of productivity while everyone learned the new system.
    And at the end of the day, my control charts look exactly the same as before.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I'm just happy to be here, learning a lot on a free board and being connected to vendors who sell things pertinent to my Spyder. If there are some glitches and growing pains with software changes... I'll gladly grin and bear it!

Spyder Garage

I too am having problems with this website! Might go elsewhere for my info.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Highwayman2013,

Can you give an easy lesson on how you did the rotation, as the explanation given in another thread (by another member) when waaaaaaay over my head.
    This was on my Iphone with the edit feature.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up This fine site

I was on this morning and the site was slow and non- reactive------ but it's just fine now and I'm just fine with it.

Maybe it's because I'm using Chrome---- but the site is fast, with reactive/proactive admin. Change is inevitable------ overcome and adapt or get frustrated and confused. I know that sounds like I'm some young wippersnapper but I'm 71 years young and adapting .'

Lew L
    PS:: I do wish there was a way to make this site secure. With the "https" leading the way.
    Last edited by Lew L; 11-20-2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: addition aboutsecurity
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i still have & like my flip phone

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    PS:: I do wish there was a way to make this site secure. With the "https" leading the way.

I posted about this in another thread, id be happy to do so, but Lamont is sick & SSL Certs are 75 a year fro mgodaddy, about the cheapest around.

So who wants to chip in & buy an SSL Cert for the site?

Ive noticed the site slowness in the AM myself, ill see if i can dig into it a bit in the morning.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i still have & like my flip phone
    U rebel u....
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    Thats your choice to do so, but complaining about a supposed issue & not actually stating what the issue is, well not much i can say.....
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I do appreciate that some may have difficulties with accepting the recent changes here & accepting that from the Forum AND all the Users point of view, said changes were necessary if we wanted to continue using this Forum....

But seriously, I'd like to think I'm just one of many who appreciate your efforts & want to say Thank you AnthonyG, for doing what's been necessary to keep this site alive & working - and for putting up with all the flak too.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    Seriously?

You really think you'll find a better place for Spyder info?
    Good luck with that.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I do appreciate that some may have difficulties with accepting the recent changes here & accepting that from the Forum AND all the Users point of view, said changes were necessary if we wanted to continue using this Forum....

But seriously, I'd like to think I'm just one of many who appreciate your efforts & want to say Thank you AnthonyG, for doing what's been necessary to keep this site alive & working - and for putting up with all the flak too.
    U r welcome...
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have now discovered the "todays posts" catagory and think my inept computer skills can make that work for me. I do appreciate the efforts and now have a better understanding why these changes are happening.

Quote: BryanSD
    Oh, I didn't see the Today's Posts link until you mentioned it. Very cool!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The problem I had was when I post or reply to a post I like to preview the post to check for misspelt words (don't always catch them then either), but did not know how to after the upgrade. After it was explained to click on the "Go Advanced" button to go to the preview screen, I was good. Was not a major problem for me, and might have been wrong for me to even say anything about it other than I had to hit an extra button to post.

Honestly I don't see what all the fuss is about. Give it a couple of weeks, and everyone will be good.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Hi Blue Star,

Re: The problem I had was . . . . . .

This is exactly what I had to learn to do. It now takes one additional step, the Go Advanced, and then it is almost the same as before.

I had to do some exploring & testing to find this out.

Even a caveman can do it.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    The problem I had was when I post or reply to a post I like to preview the post to check for misspelt words (don't always catch them then either), but did not know how to after the upgrade. After it was explained to click on the "Go Advanced" button to go to the preview screen, I was good. Was not a major problem for me, and might have been wrong for me to even say anything about it other than I had to hit an extra button to post.

Honestly I don't see what all the fuss is about. Give it a couple of weeks, and everyone will be good.

You could even hit the 'Preview Post' button BEFORE you 'Submit Reply' - that way you can see what it'll look like once it does get posted & you won't even hafta go find the thread, track down thru it to get to your post, & then edit your post if you want to correct or change anything... all done before you submit the post the first time!

That 'Go Advanced' thing does make it all pretty easy IF you want more than is allowed by the basic 'Quick Reply' option!

And you are so right about giving it a coupla weeks - maybe it'll be even less if the snow sets in early over there in your part of the world! I can still remember how bored & desperate we got to try/do anything new once the snow set in & we couldn't get out much! A week of being snowed in/enforced cabin fever & everyone'll have all the bells & whistles in the upgrades sorted & down pat!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!