Thread: REAR TRUNK BAGS

Spyder Garage

Default REAR TRUNK BAGS

Is anyone familiar with the Hopnel Saddlebag and Trunk Liners for the Can Am Spyder RT. The all new 1100 Trunk Liner set is actually 2 bags stacked, to take advantage of the deep rear Spyder RT Trunk. The lower liner is great for storing on the bike maintenance items in its handy 10 ¾” x 7 ¼” x 7” size. The upper liner is great for travel packing in its 15 ¾” x 10” x 8” cavity, both neatly fitting into the Spyder RT Trunk. All Saddlebag and Trunk Liners by Hopnel™ have stitched easy to grab sturdy carry handles.
    1100 TRUNK LINER SET, 15.75" x 10" x 8" &, 10.75" x 7.25" x 7", For Can Am Spyder RT 2 Bag Set.

Appreciate any comments.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a set and like them.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We bought the whole set. Side cases, rear top case and frunk.
    The lower liner for rear top case has tools/compressor/tire repair in it -- never have used the upper liner.
    Side case liners we use on all trips. Frunk liner - never ever used.

Spyder Garage

Have them all and use them all. Just remember, they are soft bags, so if you overstuff them, they will not fit properly into the compartment. But because they are soft, they take up less space then the hard bags and are adjustable as long as the contents are "adjustable" too.

Spyder Garage

I have a full set of them and, like the others, like them. My only complaint with my set is the zipper pulls on my frunk bag occasionally bind on the material and bring out the bosun mate's vocabulary when getting them unstuck.
    Last edited by JayBros; 11-19-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I have a full sert of them and, like the others, like them. My only complaint with my set is the zipper pulls on my frunk bag occasionally bind on the material and bring out the bosun mate's vocabulary when getting them unstuck.
    Same problem with my Hopnel bags. Trimming with small scissors and a little liquid stitch seem to have helped this annoying situation.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have the Trunk pair of bags.I have had them for about a year and really like them. The lower bag has become my Spyder tool bag and it stays on the bike all the time and serves very well in this capacity. I use the top bag for my essentials while traveling,things I need to get to all the time.I only carry it when on long trips.As I have and like the hard bags I did not buy the other bags. I do know that Hopnel bags are sturdy, well made and last a long time. I have a top case bag I bought for my Yamaha Venture that I bought back in the late 80's and it is still usable and other then fading shows no wear.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Lew! Never heard of Liquid Stitch; must try.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all te comments. I had the hard bags from BRP but the handles keep breaking. I have replaced the saddle bags with the two Hopnel bags. One hold our rain suits very well. Maybe I can convince Santa to bring the rear bags.

Spyder Garage

Add me to the "have the whole set and like them" group. Keep in mind they are bargain bags, and soft luggage, and don't overpack or overstress them, and they will serve you well.

As others have noted, the zippers could be improved on - YKK they are not. Still, I think these bags are a great value for the price.
    current ryde: 2017 RT-S

previous bikes:
    1975 Yamaha RD 200, 1978 Honda CX 500, 1980 Yamaha SR 500, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550,
    2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650, 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300, 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT
    2017 RT-S , bronze

Spyder Garage

I have had Hopnel Bags on other bikes. For the RT my wife bought the Bestem brand bags. She found them on Amazon but ordered from their website as they were considerably less expensive that way. I also bought a set for my BMW and have to say the quality is top notch.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray