Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Pics

Why do my pics show up upside down?
    2019 Rt limited chrome , Phoenix orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Just wondering what you take them with? Idaho's suggestion should help though.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

iPhone 6
    2019 Rt limited chrome , Phoenix orange

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one....

cell phone pictures tend to upload in strange positions...I never mastered the art of turning them around but there are those here that know how and have helped many by flipping the over....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I stand sideways when up loading pictures

Spyder Garage

If your pictures appear properly in you computer but do not upload correctly you can easily rotate them using either method in my picture here. Simply rotate them either 90° or 180° from their incorrect orientation to make them appear properly once uploaded again However, you will have to do so in your computer then re-upload to the page; (to the best of my knowledge) you cannot change the orientation once uploaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 10-29-2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: edit text in picture

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

On my Samsung if I take the picture with the phone sideways than the picture saves correctly. Someone else suggested this on another post.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Android phone and Windows 10 users: My procedure is to import the picture into the computer. Then I make a copy of the picture in case I "oops". Next, I right click on the picture and select "edit", NOT edit w/Photos or Paint 3D. I then "resize" the picture for a "Horizontal Pixels" of 600 and a "Vertical Pixels" of 800. I can also "rotate" the picture if need be. Finally, I save the changes before uploading the picture to the forum.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just posted these same photos on....

I don't think the anchor point theory holds water... these 3 photos were also posted on the
    BMW-GoldWing & ST-Owners forums and they are correct.
    Why would/does only one picture here come out correct???

m1QIuRdbSfWx+hSgTVuOVw.jpg L7iWwMf0Tz6NRNtFzTi00A.jpg KPkPOqKfSbS2BezNbAEm9g.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2023 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I don't think the anchor point theory holds water... these 3 photos were also posted on the
    BMW-GoldWing & ST-Owners forums and they are correct.
    Why would/does only one picture here come out correct ???

m1QIuRdbSfWx+hSgTVuOVw.jpgL7iWwMf0Tz6NRNtFzTi00A.jpgKPkPOqKfSbS2BezNbAEm9g.jpg
    Dave, I'd guess that the 2 pics above which are displayed sideways you took in Portrait mode on a phone/camera that has a default Anchor Point of Top Right in Portrait mode, but the 1 pic that shows correctly you took in Landscape mode, after rotating the camera anti-clockwise, which by doing so moves that pic's Anchor Point to the Top Left of the pic, suiting the Forum Platform used here & its default Anchor Point...

So I think your issues are still most likely the photo orientation issue.... not all Fora/Forum software uses the same platform, and unlike many other Forum platforms, THIS Forum platform uses the Top Left corner of any photo uploaded/displayed as it's Anchor Point! There's nothing we can readily do about that, it's not an optional platform feature nor is it something easy to change - and at least for now, I don't think we'll be changing the Forum Platform just so some pics show the right way!! . So if your phone/camera assigns the Top Right of your pics as the Anchor Point or even if it does use the Top Left (as some phones do) but you take some of your pics in selfie mode or Landscape mode by rotating the phone/camera Clockwise instead of Anti-clockwise, then any pics you uploaded directly here might display sideways or possibly even upside down - just like those 2 have!

You can minimise this by manually setting your phone/camera pic Anchor Point as the Top Left, if you have that option; by trying to always take your pics in landscape mode by rotating the phone/camera in an ANTI-clockwise direction (thereby putting the phone/camera's default Anchor Point on the Top Left of the pic); OR you can upload your pics to a photo hosting or editing site and rotating then saving the pic so that it comes out showing the correct way here, or maybe you could even use that editing software to change the Anchor Point of your pic to the Top Left Corner.

Another thing that sometimes helps is to use the 'Manage Attachments' facility here to load your images to a post, cos that facility looks after some of the size & rotation issues of images uploaded in a way that 'Insert Image' just doesn't seem to...

But for now, we are stuck with the Forum Platform we have & the default Anchor points it has embedded, so while most members understand & can cope with a few sideways or inverted pics, if you really need to see your pics displayed the right way up, then it's going to be up to you! Sorry!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-19-2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Spaces.... :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I don't store photos long on my phone and, particularly for SL participation, I keep all in a separate folder on desktop computer; so when I send them from phone to desktop if they arrive misoriented, I reorient, rename and save, and haven't ever had a problem with one getting to my SL file of photos misoriented. I don't use a specific photo editing program.
    Works best for me too.

Spyder Garage

funniest thread I have ever read... When I was a kid I bought a transistor radio and when I turned it on it came on right away, 30 years later they added programming language to that transistor radio and it now takes 15 minutes to do self checks and diagnostics before it turns on, and they call this progress.