Spyder Garage

Post Site Changes & Upgrades

Ill add to this later, but just wanted to update users on a basic option that was always off, just like quick reply.

Lightbox has been enabled, posts with multiple images is now presented in a Lightbox popup, instead of having to use the back button.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ed-seat-for-RT

Click the any photo in that post.

PMK made the inquiry.

----------------------
    Site searching
    The character search limit has been lowered to 3

----------------------

Quick Reply - This feature was always disabled on the site, quick reply simply allows you to post quick responses to a thread/post, instead of having to click "Post Reply", which simply took you to another page to see the full editor interface to make a post, if you click "Go Advanced" in the Quick Reply box, it just takes you to the same interface that you seen before, when you clicked "Post Reply".

----------------------

Today's Post, which used to reside under the "Quick Link's" drop menu has now been moved to a new Location in the navigation bar, it resides next to "New Posts"

----------------------

New options in the navigation bar when you're on the forums "View your threads or Posts"

----------------------

Thread Prefixes: Ive added some thread prefixes, mainly in the For Sale forum, this allows users to quickly find threads for For Sale, Trade, WTB etc, if your in a forum like 4 Sale by Owner and WTB, down at the bottom of that page, you will see "Thread Display Options" the prefix drop menu, pick your prefix like FS, this will push & sort all FS listing to the top in order, FS, WTB, Trade are only usable in the 4 sale forum.

There is also a new Review prefix, this prefix is usable in all forums.

Also note, if you click advanced search at the top of the site, you can now search by these new Prefixes.

Mark thread as SOLD - There is a new option in your posting in the for sale forum as well, when viewing your post, there is a "Thread Tools" drop menu above the post, this gives yo uthe ability to mark the item sold & close the thread so it cant be posted to, the post owner can also mark it unsold & reopen it, if the deal fails & has to relist it.

mark-sold.jpg

I've added a couple more Thread Prefixes for everyone to use, if you like writing Review threads or writing HowTo's, these two tags are now available for any forum.

---------------------------

I changed "What's New" to mimic "Today's Posts", in a day or two, i will move "Today's Posts" back to the quick links menu.

------------------------

I've added some extra navigation when your viewing a thread, under the "Previous Thread / Next Thread" are links to click & take you back home or to the forum youre in, instead of hitting the back button at the top of the page.

-----------------------
    Pm Programming changes

Blinking status for a new PM
    1 posts required to use the PM system (staff & sponsors can be contacted via PM regardless of post count)
    Ability to block members from PM'ing you.
    Ability to add an auto reply (if youre going on vaca etc)
    New stats in your PM screen for how full it is.
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 12-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Added nav links under Previous Thread | Next Thread
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

New link at the top of the site for all you Map ppl

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps.php

The "today's Post link has been moved back to the Quick Links Menu, as posted in the 1st post a few weeks back, What's New now mimics Todays Posts
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Im sure someone will post asking about the Logo, just an FYI:

As i couldnt get the psd to fix the old logo, i made a new one.

Reasons:
    Didnt work on Mobile & blocked half the top links on a phone.

I tried making it smaller & it just didnt look right any more.

So.......... I made a new one

Technically its two images, the Spyder's are the header bg image & the text is the actual logo
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 12-09-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

1st post updated at the bottom for PM changes.

As requested by some users.
    2018 F3 , Red