Threaded View

Spyder Garage

My left leg and its associated prosthetic has been playing up something shocking for the passed couple of days so I could only get going back on things today, all be it in my wheel chair for the time being.

The idea is to fit up the new 250mm / 10" guard (which has to be that wide to accommodate the round support tubes) that come up from the axle assembly, using the stock mounting tubes if at all possible.

My prior thoughts were to make a set of 12mm (1/2") mounts for each of the two mounting points for each wheel. Prior, I was unsure if stock brackets height would also need attention …

To my almost astonishment everything was spot on. The stock F3-T mounts will fit for height by about 1/2" clearance no problem. Now all that seems to be needed is to make qty 4 of the 1/2" standoffs (spacers) to mount to compensate for changing from a 17 ET to a 40 ET.

To date I am planning to spray the new guards matt black to match the stock paint scheme already on the trike. Originally every thing stock is done stock in Monolith - triple black. Then 'possibly' also utilise the centre stock guard lighting brackets which circumnavigate each guard and are done in black gloss to offset the guards. Just the same idea as flows through the trikes stock and original build … It really depends on the 'flow' of what's there as I progress. Dunno, we'll see !

In the mean time here's a couple of happy snaps of the trial set up for the guards, which are mounted here on the stock mounting arms after everything had been pulled down. Then some photos of the stock guards before I actually pulled them down. so you can hopefully see what I am on about.

I should have thought to take some photos of each guard pulled right down so you can see just how easy everything is to adapt to the new fit up ..

I would liked to have 'rolled' the guards more to the rear to where you see here in this trial fit up, but I am limited if I stick with the stock mounting arms …

I'll get some more up to date photos after I finally get the new off set mounts manufactured and mounted up properly over the next few days ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fatenhappy; 11-20-2018 at 07:20 AM.