Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How come I cannot see my posts on the What's New screen

If I make a comment on a thread, or I start a thread. I am not able to see it on the What's New page. Is it just me, or are others having the same issue?

Spyder Garage

Same issue, it doesn't reappear now until it has a reply.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just found out the same thing. I wonder if a second reply by me makes a difference ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Here's No 2
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

No, I can't see my first or second post. Probably not this one.
    There is a timer, however that will not allow you to make a second response within one minute of the first.

You can. however, edit your post right away.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I sent a PM to Lamont to let him know about it in case he is not aware of the issue.

Spyder Garage

Default What's New

When you post a new thread. That thread is not new to you anymore. So it does not showup in your "What's New" search. But it will show up in other members "What's New" search, that have not read it yet. It will show up again in your search when someone posts something to your thread you have not read yet. I don't like the change but I will see if I can get used to it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I sent a PM to Lamont to let him know about it in case he is not aware of the issue.
    Try sending one to AnthonyG…
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    When you post a new thread. That thread is not new to you anymore. So it does not showup in your "What's New" search. But it will show up in other members "What's New" search, that have not read it yet. It will show up again in your search when someone posts something to your thread you have not read yet. I don't like the change but I will see if I can get used to it.
    Not quite billybovine ?..I can't see anything "new" once I've posted an update, new thread, or looked through a thread (and not necessarily all the way). I actually had to search specifically for THIS thread in order to do this update. And you watch, I won't be able to see the thread after the update is completed. This has to be a setting, somewhere, that will allow the view of all "new" posted since a certain time / date, regardless of who posted them, or if I have touched a thread.

Heads up, AnthonyG ?. incoming PM. Thanks for your help in getting the forum updated so php EOL doesn't kill it ?.. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    Not quite billybovine ?..I can't see anything "new" once I've posted an update, new thread, or looked through a thread (and not necessarily all the way). I actually had to search specifically for THIS thread in order to do this update. And you watch, I won't be able to see the thread after the update is completed. This has to be a setting, somewhere, that will allow the view of all "new" posted since a certain time / date, regardless of who posted them, or if I have touched a thread.

Heads up, AnthonyG ?. incoming PM. Thanks for your help in getting the forum updated so php EOL doesn't kill it ?.. Ann
    Is that not what said?????? When you start a thread, post to a thread or read a thread. It is not new to you anymore and will not show in the what's new search link.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Same here
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

I have noticed it also. I also believe that things stayed in the what's new based on time in the queue and current posts to it. That has now seemed to change and there are a few pages of "unsorted" items. Not sure what is going on there either. Good information above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is that not what said?????? When you start a thread, post to a thread or read a thread. It is not new to you anymore and will not show in the what's new search link.
    Yes …. but only in part. I have threads that I have not finished reading yet …. and they are dropping off the "new" list as well. You are correct, however, that anything I post is not longer "new to me" so it is gone -- was just trying to add that "touched" threads go away as well. Personally, this is a change I really don't want to try and get "used to" as I always review any post immediately after it is made (even if I have previewed it). Now I will have to go to extra lengths to do this -- hopefully, there is some "adjustment" that AnthonyG can make to return the function to something closer to what it used to be. One note I do like …. the separation of purely new (with some sort of update) and new but not updated since last login -- that is a nice feature.

All the best …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Easiest way to find a thread you have posted to. Click on your user name at the to right of the page. Then choose latest posts on the left side of the screen.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Correct.

It cant be NEW to you at all, you read it when you made the post.

Whats NEW, is based off something you HAVEN'T read.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I'm surprised to hear that so many always choose 'New Posts' to see what's going on, & even more surprised that more people don't use 'Quick Links' & then 'Today's Posts' instead...

I only ever use New Posts to get the list of most recent posts up when I first log on/look in, usually only from the home page too; then once I've opened one thread, from there on in I just use the Quick links/Today's Posts option on the top of each thread because it shows everything that's gone on in the Forum over the last 24 hours, with those threads I haven't looked at yet all highlighted, & a little marker to show those I've already posted in.... so I can check 'em all out at a glance! But then, I guess I do tend to at least look in most days, unless of course I'm out ryding already!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Maybe this will help, i moved Today's Posts from quick links to its new neighbor New Posts.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that so many always choose 'New Posts' to see what's going on, & even more surprised that more people don't use 'Quick Links' & then 'Today's Posts' instead...
    :
    ...I just go from" Area to Area": looking through all of the threads...

Wait...Does that make it seem as if I don't have a life?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Probably
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have not noticed any problem with this.......partly because I am in the habit of first doing "Forums/Quick links/Subscribed threads"
    and then after that doing "New posts" or "what's new".

I'm pretty sure that "your" stuff will always show up in the "subscribed" list, with those with new content at the top and highlighted.

Spyder Garage

I'm not liking this new stuff. I am a person who usually just logs into "What's New". If I am looking at a thread and accidentally hit the wrong button (ie deleting the thread instead of deleting an attachment) I cannot go back to what I was looking at in "whats new". It's gone somewhere else, at least in my computer. And I do not have the patience or inclination to try to look for it. Not good.

Then, when I post something and afterwords remember that I forgot something, I can't just go back to "whats new", pull it up and edit my post. (like now). I have to search elsewhere to locate what I was doing. Use to be MUCH more user friendly.....at least for an old guy who is not computer savy
    Last edited by canamjhb; 11-15-2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Rag on.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    It's not an 'issue'. Please don't bother Lamont about it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I have not noticed any problem with this.......partly because I am in the habit of first doing "Forums/Quick links/Subscribed threads"
    and then after that doing "New posts" or "what's new".

I'm pretty sure that "your" stuff will always show up in the "subscribed" list, with those with new content at the top and highlighted.
    Only if that election has been selected.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I only ever use New Posts to get the list of most recent posts up when I first log on/look in, usually only from the home page too; then once I've opened one thread, from there on in I just use the Quick links/Today's Posts option on the top of each thread because it shows everything that's gone on in the Forum over the last 24 hours, with those threads I haven't looked at yet all highlighted, & a little marker to show those I've already posted in.... so I can check 'em all out at a glance! But then, I guess I do tend to at least look in most days, unless of course I'm out ryding already!
    But then again, you are on the bottom side of the world ...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Correct. It cant be NEW to you at all, you read it when you made the post. Whats NEW, is based off something you HAVEN'T read.
    Anthony, you are too logical. Waaay over the intuitive nature of most of us here.....
    2014 RTL Platinum