Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have opted to buy an accessory magnetic drain plug, found a few here online in new Zealand, however when it arrived, it had a thread length of 18mm as compared to 12mm length of the original. Didn't think that would be an issue, however did check to make sure there was clearance in the sump because you also have to allow for the length of the magnet. The overall length was 25-26mm and there was just enough room, but CanAm decided to provide around 15mm of thread in the sump casing which meant that the new plug bottomed out in the thread before seating. Done some more research and found another plug with 12mm length of thread, so this is due to arrive and this should do the job. So the thing here to be aware of, if you do intend to change the clutch side drain plug to a conventional hex head type, be sure that the thread length is no longer than 12mm. the magnet protrudes another 5 - 10mm, that's fine as the original is much the same. The main drain plug requires a torx type tool to remove the M14 x 1.5 thread plug and conversion to the conventional hex head is not so easy as this plug has a shaft of aprox 30 - 40mm extension beyond the thread with two O-rings positioned on the shaft. Not sure on the purpose of these O-rings, however my plan is to eventually machine a bolt to suit. The only saving grace is that the torx tool is reasonably large and therefore does grip the plug reasonably well, but over time I believe it will become loose and eventually burr and round off.
    2016 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Righty Tighty lefty Lucy

Jackq
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Great you got itout. A center punch on the edge would have done it also. Small taps and out she would come enough to grab with vise grips. Lots of over thinking going on here!