Thread: Mount Lemmon?

Spyder Garage

Default Mount Lemmon?

I saw a video on canamspyderaccessories.com about Mt Lemon? We are moving to Fountain Hills,AZ looking for some good routes/rides in the area..Thanx

Spyder Garage

Rode up Mt Lemmon last week with a few friends. The elevation is just a tad over 8,000 feet. Beautiful ride but watch the weather. We had planned to ride there 3 weeks ago but the day we picked had a high temperature of 39F so we postponed that ride. It is definately a summer, late spring, or early fall ride. This is a ski resort in the winter with snow.....real snow. I do not recommend eating at the Sawmill Resturant at the summit. Food was OK but service was about the worst I have ever seen. Wasn't particularly crowded and we did not eat as a group. Seperate tables and still took us nearly 3 hours. You MUST ride through the town of Tucson to get there and that is a chore. Lots of cars, stop lights and bicycles. From Mesa to the top is about 130 miles so from Fountain Hills you can add about another 25 miles to that. Welcome to Arid-Zone-A.....
    Last edited by canamjhb; 11-13-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

As stated, Mt. Lemmon could be hit and miss with the weather, but you have many riding options from Fountain Hills to Payson, the Mogollon Rim, Sedona, Prescott, etc. etc. I'm just a few miles from FH, in Scottsdale, and have ridden almost every good road in the State. Send me a pm and I can expand on the routes.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Just what I was looking for...will be down there for a week or so every month come January till May permanently..Thanx

Spyder Garage

Thanx these look great!!