Spyder Garage

Question Accessory Mode on 2018 RT

I've looked through the owners manual several times but could not find the page(s) that denote how to activate the accessory mode, is there one or has that been removed?

Thanks any help appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Okay, I'll bite. What's an accessory mode??
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You mean the one where you hold the eco button while turning off the key switch?

Spyder Garage

I think what he probably is looking for is the Mode that plays accessories thru the audio system. On my 2014 I can switch between FM, AM, and Accessory. I have my Sirius radio plugged in to the Accessory port in the rear boot. Don't know if the 2018 has the capability for Acc, but do know they did eliminate AM radio.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Here is a video that shows you a little bit about the system: https://youtu.be/ZUKsBQ8n664.
    I'm also adding an image with an arrow that shows which setting to choose. It's called AUX
    BRP.jpg

Hope this helps!

SPYDERGAL

Spyder Garage

If you mean play the radio or mess with the info system without burning gas just hit the kill switch and leave the key on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For those that have never had a Goldwing, the Acc mode is where you turn the key one stop to get the radio to come on and if you want to start the bike you turn the key further to the second stop. Spyder's don't have that and I read where you hold the kill switch down (or is it the emergency button?) when turning the key off and the radio will say on. Will have to try the kill switch trick.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Precisely, on my wifes F3T I press the mode button after turning the key off and it plays the radio, on my 2018 with the new dash that seems to no longer be available.

Spyder Garage

Key on fires up dash functions,kill switch off leaves fuel pump etc. off.You can hear pump start when kill is turned on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    Key on fires up dash functions,kill switch off leaves fuel pump etc. off.You can hear pump start when kill is turned on.
    Only problem with this methodology is that various external lights are on i.e. tail, fender lights etc, on other models only the console is active. Its my guess that with this new 2018 dash it was likely removed, too bad because if you were using BRP connect it would not have to re-initialize when you restarted.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Agree - appears to not be there on my 2018 Spyder either. Too bad - the Acc mode on my Goldwing allowed me to play the radio or iPhone tunes without draining the battery with headlights, etc.