Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BRP Saddle Bags

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default left bag mount and battery

I just mounted the BRP kit on my 08 GS. I'm really concerned about the upper left post. It is less than 1/4 inch away from, and directly in front of the positive battery post.

For extra safety, I cut a piece of rubber matting and wedged it in place between the battery and the mount.

Has anybody has problems with the battery hitting the post?

Spyder Garage

Default Photos....

Somehow after 9 years (can't believe it's been that long) the photos disappeared from this thread. Was asked to find them by someone working on this install... so I've added them back to the thread.. but they might not be in any particular order, etc....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Somehow after 9 years (can't believe it's been that long) the photos disappeared from this thread. Was asked to find them by someone working on this install... so I've added them back to the thread.. but they might not be in any particular order, etc....
    Thanks, I did not know of this info a year ago. I got mine on. You have done a great job on this info.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Here are pictures of the 2008 and 2009 's with the BRP saddle bags installed. We bought the color matched side panels. I had the dealer install mine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Firely et. al. I am resurrecting this thread. My husband and I bought a used set of the BRP saddlebags with the frame to install on our 2012 RS-S. We got them from motorcycledave through this forum. We have no instruction sheet and evidently we are missing some bolts, screws, etc... Can you please share a copy of the mounting instructions? We need to figure out what we need to buy hardware wise to complete the installation. TIA
    2011 RT-S Roadster , Viper Red