Spyder Garage

Default SHIFTING DILEMMA

I have a '15 F3-S SE6 with a shifting problem. It began last week when I was having trouble shifting from N to 1st gear. I would attempt to shift from N to 1st and would get an E message. If I pressed the shifter a few times it would go into 1st. Also, when upshifting it would be in 4th and when I pressed the paddle to shift to 5th it wouldn't do it. I would have to downshift and then it would let me upshift. It didn't do this all the time, only occasionally. I had no problems downshifting manually or letting it downshift automatically. Only upshifting was the problem. Last Thursday I was backing out of the garage and then upshifted to N and then tried to upshift to 1st. It wouldn't do it, no matter how hard I pressed the paddle forward or backward. So on Friday I was prepared to load the Spyder on my trailer to take it to the dealer. I thought I would have to have a ratchet (or come-a-long as some people call it) to get my Spyder on the trailer. To my surprise it shifted into 1st. When I got to the dealer and backed it off the trailer it shifted to 1st again. I suspect it might be the reverse lockout switch, gear position sensor, or paddle shifter has gone wonky? I called the dealer today (exactly a week since I took it in) and they said they were working on it but didn't have an answer for me yet. Any ideas out there? Six months after I bought the Spyder I had a similar problem in that it wouldn't go into reverse or 1st. (I can't remember which). At that time they replaced the reverse lockout switch.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

It's most likely that Gear Position Sensor. They get moisture in them. It prob dried out enough to start working again. But the dealer should be able to see a corresponding code for it if they scan it.... ??

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default yup

yup, just remembered i had the same issue with my '09 RS some yrs ago....
    it was the paddle shift electronics unit... i had to replace the entire assembly, because BRP won't sell just the little switch... it was $134 if i remember correctly.... pix below...
    SAM_1047.jpg SAM_1049.jpg SAM_1050.jpg SAM_1051.jpg
    pic #4 is the unit that failed... however, pic #1 is what i needed to buy...
    hope this helps John....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

I finally was able to pick up my Spyder from the dealer today. Turns out it was the reverse lockout switch again!��. But all is well now and I am glad to have it back.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red