Thread: ECU Reflash

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Reflash

Wick It Performance is back up and running for reflash of Spyder ECUs. Approx 3 day turn around time. See site for all options.

Spyder Garage

Default Reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by donrokon View Post
    Wick It Performance is back up and running for reflash of Spyder ECUs. Approx 3 day turn around time. See site for all options.
    I looked at the website and did not see anything for the Spyder, How do I find it? I have the 2018 F3L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    I looked at the website and did not see anything for the Spyder, How do I find it? I have the 2018 F3L
    Just type spyder into search ... then click on the ad that it takes u to and u are there. AFTER U ARE AT wick it website.
    Last edited by donrokon; 11-09-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    Here ya go:
    https://wick-itperformance.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-fuel-injection-can-am-spyder

Make sure you download the "flash form" from that page to send in with your ECM.... You would choose the Stage 1 option unless you have modified the airbox physically then choose the other option which shows +123.xx

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default ECU FLASH

I am considering having this done on my 2017 RT-S this winter while the Spyder is hibernating. To those of you who have had this done, are you happy with the result? Is there a real, noticeable difference in engine performance? Is it compatible with B.U.D.S.? And lastly, the dreaded warranty issue. Does anyone know if or how it affects the warranty? Thanks in advance.
    "Champagne Dream"
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    You would choose the Stage 1 option unless you have modified the airbox physically then choose the other option which shows +123.xx
    Is there a "How to" to do the Airbox modification?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    ...Does anyone know if or how it affects the warranty?...
    Don't know for sure but even considering Magnuson Moss warranty act I would offer that if the ECU flash raised the redline and you had something go wrong with the engine you might be out substantial coin. That said, part of me says have it done after my B.E.S.T. extended warranty expires. OTOH, the other part of me says, at my age, I can get myself into enough trouble with the power I have now if my hooligan factor gets way out of hand. JMO.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Micha. View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how monster does their's. But look in my albums for what mine looked like. If interested in further details PM me ….. Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-09-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thank you, but i Need some Information about the F3-S.

Spyder Garage

Thank you, but i Need some Information about the F3-S.
    Un -fortunately I don't have an F-3..... however the principle of allowing more Air FLOW is the same ….. achieving it is a bit different than what I did on my RT. But basically the idea is the same. I looked at the " F-3 " parts Fiche' from CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM , labeled " Air Intake -all models ", it shows the parts involved …. The main air chamber - has a large hole on the outboard side where the plastic air intake tube connects to …. I re-moved mine and this one can re-moved also ….. I attached a 3 in. dia. tube from the main air chamber thru the plastic panel and this is where my intake comes from..... My intake was a bit more complicated because the entire frunk comes off as a unit …. I devised a slip connection so I can remove and replace the Frunk easily and still have a connection to the main Air box ( which is attached to the engine )….. Yours would be easier because the PANEL with the 3 in extension could remain in place. ( at least it looks that way from the Fiche') ……… I don't buy mods from vendors I am a DIY'er, to me not much is really impossible to accomplish ( except for another members SIDE-CAR idea - no offense intended ) - the impossible just takes a bit longer …… Almost everything I have learned to do on my Spyder has started on this site ………….good luck ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Just got my ecu from wickit and it's a big difference not wow but definitely more power I'm hoping it gets better I got the stage 2 on my 998 like it alot and love the not having to wait to start will let you know later if the power improves

Spyder Garage

I had my F3-S 2016 flashed to stage 2 by Steve at Monster FI in Canada, and there really is a big difference in performance! I have tried both with a Lamonster cat delete pipe without baffle as well as with stock exhaust and even if it gives almost the same hp according to the dyno I find my Spyder clearly more responsive and a different machine with the full flow exhaust. Even if it´s stronger and more responsive also on low- and mid range, the substantial amount of extra pull on higher revs is the biggest difference. It reaches 190 km/h (120 mph) by just twisting the gas handle on 6th gear over a very short stretch of the road. I have heard the parable before about this stage 2 flash (and I believe it´s very realistic at least when I have a cat delete and no baffle) that it pulls on 4th gear like the stock Spyder on 4rd, on 5th like stock on 4th and so on...One effective way to notice the huge difference is to be on 3rd or 4th gear at 4000 rpm and then twist the handle and open the throttle full, the pull is almost ridiculous

It´s not official yet but Monster has done very extensive dyno testing on numerous Spyders with their software, and it has proven to give 115 hp on the rear wheel compared to the 90 hp on the rear wheel they got with a stock software.
    With 20-25% transmission loss (stock 90 on rear wheel vs claimed 115 in engine is 22%) which is very common and realistic, it should have between 135-143 hp from the engine.
    2016 F3-S Special Series , Matte Black

Spyder Garage

I have the stage1 flash on an otherwise stock motored 2014 RTs. No-- it's not a nitrous oxide hit--- but it is the biggest bang for the buck your going to get on a I'm happy with it.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

…. I remember back in the days of Street Drags , people I knew would spend thousands on their engines for maybe a 3% increase in HP ( on stock 300 HP engines ) ….. What Monster has done - IMHO - nothing short of Phenomenal ( especially for the money ) ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes, they have basic instruction for air box mod
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

I too am curious about this and the warranty / can they see it on the BUDS when they hook up?

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Good evening everyone. I have the stage 1 from monster in Canada and am thinking about stage 2. The stage one gave much better pull from 3000+ and up. What can I expect from stage 2? What is /does the cat delete do and should I think about it? LOVE MY SPYDER. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

The Canada Monster Flash shop will modify your airbox lid for you if you send it with your ECU.

Terry
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

Is there a advantage to doing the air box mod yourself if you only have stage one flash?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Is there a advantage to doing the air box mod yourself if you only have stage one flash?
    I asked monster the exact same thing. He said it only works on stage II.

Spyder Garage

Great rYde yesterday. Video on this Facebook post. put this on your good speakers or headphones. https://www.facebook.com/bill.jimene...&theater&ifg=1
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic