Thread: ECU Reflash

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Reflash

Wick It Performance is back up and running for reflash of Spyder ECUs. Approx 3 day turn around time. See site for all options.

Spyder Garage

Default Reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by donrokon View Post
    Wick It Performance is back up and running for reflash of Spyder ECUs. Approx 3 day turn around time. See site for all options.
    I looked at the website and did not see anything for the Spyder, How do I find it? I have the 2018 F3L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    I looked at the website and did not see anything for the Spyder, How do I find it? I have the 2018 F3L
    Just type spyder into search ... then click on the ad that it takes u to and u are there. AFTER U ARE AT wick it website.
    Last edited by donrokon; 11-09-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    Here ya go:
    https://wick-itperformance.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-fuel-injection-can-am-spyder

Make sure you download the "flash form" from that page to send in with your ECM.... You would choose the Stage 1 option unless you have modified the airbox physically then choose the other option which shows +123.xx

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS A6 SC - The Beast

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Default ECU FLASH

I am considering having this done on my 2017 RT-S this winter while the Spyder is hibernating. To those of you who have had this done, are you happy with the result? Is there a real, noticeable difference in engine performance? Is it compatible with B.U.D.S.? And lastly, the dreaded warranty issue. Does anyone know if or how it affects the warranty? Thanks in advance.
    "Champagne Dream"
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 w/Rivco Flag Holders, RAM Smartphone Mount, Magic Mirror Mounts, Guardian Bells, "Bad Boy" Air Horn, 12 Volt Power Outlet, And Lots More To Come (If Momma Opens The Wallet) P.S. She hasn't yet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    You would choose the Stage 1 option unless you have modified the airbox physically then choose the other option which shows +123.xx
    Is there a "How to" to do the Airbox modification?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    ...Does anyone know if or how it affects the warranty?...
    Don't know for sure but even considering Magnuson Moss warranty act I would offer that if the ECU flash raised the redline and you had something go wrong with the engine you might be out substantial coin. That said, part of me says have it done after my B.E.S.T. extended warranty expires. OTOH, the other part of me says, at my age, I can get myself into enough trouble with the power I have now if my hooligan factor gets way out of hand. JMO.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Micha. View Post
    Is there a "How to" to do the Airbox modification?
    I'm not sure exactly how monster does their's. But look in my albums for what mine looked like. If interested in further details PM me ….. Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-09-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thank you, but i Need some Information about the F3-S.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Micha. View Post
    Thank you, but i Need some Information about the F3-S.
    Un -fortunately I don't have an F-3..... however the principle of allowing more Air FLOW is the same ….. achieving it is a bit different than what I did on my RT. But basically the idea is the same. I looked at the " F-3 " parts Fiche' from CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM , labeled " Air Intake -all models ", it shows the parts involved …. The main air chamber - has a large hole on the outboard side where the plastic air intake tube connects to …. I re-moved mine and this one can re-moved also ….. I attached a 3 in. dia. tube from the main air chamber thru the plastic panel and this is where my intake comes from..... My intake was a bit more complicated because the entire frunk comes off as a unit …. I devised a slip connection so I can remove and replace the Frunk easily and still have a connection to the main Air box ( which is attached to the engine )….. Yours would be easier because the PANEL with the 3 in extension could remain in place. ( at least it looks that way from the Fiche') ……… I don't buy mods from vendors I am a DIY'er, to me not much is really impossible to accomplish ( except for another members SIDE-CAR idea - no offense intended ) - the impossible just takes a bit longer …… Almost everything I have learned to do on my Spyder has started on this site ………….good luck ….. Mike