Spyder Garage

Default Can am rally video

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    This video convinced me that I need to ride a Ryker before I think about buying a second Spyder.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting the different videos!!! Nice review and I noticed the fender shake sitting still at 11.35 -Also he did hit 92 MPH that I saw?
    30 Days Plus and mine should be here So I can winterize the F3 and ride this All winter. (When applicable?)

Lets hope rear tires are cheap because I Can't wait to smoke the tires!!!
    Last edited by Sarge707; 11-09-2018 at 06:06 PM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Hard to tell from video but engine rev didn't seem to be winding at 92 either? Best video yet I think. Also I do to wonder what those rear tires are going to cost. Anyone have an info???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One of the better new Videos. He was riding the Rally, riding along in the 70's MPH, jumped to 92 indicated in an eye blink.

Judging by how easy it is to hoon around and the apparent loads of fun it is................We need to find a good source of rear tires.....
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Thanks for posting the different videos!!! Nice review and I noticed the fender shake sitting still at 11.35 -Also he did hit 92 MPH that I saw?
    30 Days Plus and mine should be here So I can winterize the F3 and ride this All winter. (When applicable?)

Lets hope rear tires are cheap because I Can't wait to smoke the tires!!!
    Keep us posted on the new ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    Hard to tell from video but engine rev didn't seem to be winding at 92 either? Best video yet I think. Also I do to wonder what those rear tires are going to cost. Anyone have an info???
    The Parts Fiche is up In the BRP parts section- Pictures BUT no nomemclature or cost for the 2019 models yet? Should be up by Dec when they release.

Spyder Garage

Default New

So now I am really on the fence after watching the video. I am not a Spyder owner. Last bike was a street glide 5 years ago and decided it was time again for a new toy. So, I orginally had my eyes on a F3 and even test rode one and when talking to the sales guy he started talking about the ryker to the point he stopped because he realized he was talking me out of the sale. Now I am stuck between the 900 and Rally. I like the wheels on the 900 but based on the video now I am wondering if the Rally is the way to go? Just looking for opinions. Also interested in why so many F3 riders are moving to the Ryker. Last note during this whole process I talked my wife into taking the class and now she wants to ride! I can buy 2 new rykers for the cost of a RT. She does like the comforts of the RT. But I am guessing there will be some aftermarket guys selling heated grips and other items.
    Thanks!
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wijames View Post
    So now I am really on the fence after watching the video. I am not a Spyder owner. Last bike was a street glide 5 years ago and decided it was time again for a new toy. So, I orginally had my eyes on a F3 and even test rode one and when talking to the sales guy he started talking about the ryker to the point he stopped because he realized he was talking me out of the sale. Now I am stuck between the 900 and Rally. I like the wheels on the 900 but based on the video now I am wondering if the Rally is the way to go? Just looking for opinions. Also interested in why so many F3 riders are moving to the Ryker. Last note during this whole process I talked my wife into taking the class and now she wants to ride! I can buy 2 new rykers for the cost of a RT. She does like the comforts of the RT. But I am guessing there will be some aftermarket guys selling heated grips and other items.
    Thanks!
    I say get 2 Rykers and both enjoy the fun-I'm ordered the Ryker because of the ease of Maintenance that almost anyone can do? I love my F3- was out in 35 Degree wind chill today and had a Great Day with simple Heated glove liners that are attached to the battery and a Balaclave under the helmet and Wool Socks. The heated glove liners are BETTER than the heated grips on my old RT Because you adjust the temp for the condition. Riding is better than sitting on the back?
    Last edited by Sarge707; 11-10-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Agreed on the 2 Rykers! Now I just need to convince my wife... We will need to wait for her to test ride one. Thanks!
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Spyder Garage

This was definitely the best video yet in my opinion. I also loved that I finally got to see the passenger seat and back rest instead of just pictures from certain angles.

I'm hoping there will be a large aftermarket group selling things that I do not see on the Ryker at the moment. The instrument gauge is definitely one of them as well as heated grips and some more windshield options. I'm also curious if someone will be able to make foot platforms for this that could still work with the quick-adjust system on the Ryker. Not sure if I would want the platforms but it might be a nice option to have for some people.

My fiance wants powder pink panels added to the color scheme. Not while I'm riding it at least.
    I can hear her now "Honey, I'm taking the Ryker to the mall" *pops on the pink panels*

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wijames View Post
    Also interested in why so many F3 riders are moving to the Ryker.
    I don't think they are, Sarge is the only person I've seen on here who's announced an intention to trade an F3 for a Ryker. I think a lot of F3 owners are interested in a test drive to see what the Ryker is like, or like myself have a partner who is interested in a Ryker but wouldn't have wanted an F3.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    One of the better new Videos. He was riding the Rally, riding along in the 70's MPH, jumped to 92 indicated in an eye blink...
    That's not quite what happens in the video. He goes from 70s to 80s fairly quickly but we then cut to some off board footage and when we come back he's in the 90s. Now I'm not suggesting the Ryker won't go from 70-90 that quickly but that video doesn't show it happening.

My take from that video is it goes from 70-80 pretty quickly but then takes a good 5-10s to get from 80-90, and when he gets to 92 he's getting towards the top end of what's possible.

Certainly the most representative video yet as he's not in a convoy and being told what to do. My opinion is that it will be somewhat slower than an F3 but have more than adequate power for short or long distance use and be fine on the highway. Which answers some of the questions being levelled at the Ryker on here since it was announced.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I don't think they are, Sarge is the only person I've seen on here who's announced an intention to trade an F3 for a Ryker. I think a lot of F3 owners are interested in a test drive to see what the Ryker is like, or like myself have a partner who is interested in a Ryker but wouldn't have wanted an F3.
    I'm an 2017 RT Ltd owner. I suspect that for most of us with the an RT/F3 on the Rotax 1330...we're not looking to replace our Spyder with a Ryker but instead considering the inclusion of a second three-wheeler in the family. I do however wonder how many that previously considered buying a used Spyder with the Rotax 990 are suddenly looking at the Ryker as the better option (I know I'm one of them)?

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    I do however wonder how many that previously considered buying a used Spyder with the Rotax 990 are suddenly looking at the Ryker as the better option (I know I'm one of them)?
    Agree, it's got to hit used values of older models. I'm sure there will still be enthusiasts who would prefer an older RS for the higher performance, but for most buyers the reliability and simplicity of a new Ryker is bound to appeal more.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    One of the better new Videos. He was riding the Rally, riding along in the 70's MPH, jumped to 92 indicated in an eye blink.

Judging by how easy it is to hoon around and the apparent loads of fun it is................We need to find a good source of rear tires.....
    ….RYKER rear tires , The General Altimax RT43 ( which is a very good tire for Spyders ) does have Eleven 16 inch models from 205 to 235 width ….The Michelin Defender T&H has Three sizes in 16 inch also...…………. If you have the regular 900 Ryker the above have some nice 15 inch sizes ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good to see you Mike.